• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any advice on landing 91 gig

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's irritating, but networking x2. Everyone I know got the job through who they know.

Corporate aviation is one of the world's largest and most tenacious "good'ol boy networks". It sucks badly in that regard and, in my opinion, results in a lot of really bad pilots getting really good jobs. But, play the game and you'll get the job eventually.

Rule number one, whoever the biggest a$$hole is, he's the guy to stay in touch with-they always seem to do well.

Yep network, and make sure you're networking for the good jobs. No, actually Network for the great jobs. There's a bigger chance of getting picked up by fedex before get that gravy corporate job. Good luck

Brass Ring?

Yep network, and make sure you're networking for the good jobs. No, actually Network for the great jobs. There's a bigger chance of getting picked up by fedex before get that gravy corporate job. Good luck

Greeeeat. Thanks for busting my bubble, man. Might as well apply for FedEx now. :p

Check the online job ads. IMO, there have been many jobs posted online in the past few months.

Heck, last week I saw an ad that a Fortune 500 manufacturing company is looking for a Falcon 900 and G-V FO. Minimums are 2000TT and an ATP. Start looking because the jobs are out there. If you have a lot of Citation (read corporate/charter), you will have a better chance at scoring a 91 job than a job at FedEx.

Also, check out NetJets. Their captain pay is just as good, if not better, than many 91 jobs flying the same equipment.

Last edited:
Completely aside from the good old boy factor;

1) What are competitive flight times for an initial corporate job?

2) How do you properly pierce into the corporate network of an airport and/or specific company?

3) And finally, how do you go about it being a nice guy and not a suck-up/jerk?

Last edited:
We just hired a guy and put him through Simuflight Lear31/35 initial training and he has 800 hours right out of flight instructing. He was just, "right time and the right place." We fly a Lear 35A for a contruction company. It's on call but pretty much you know it's Mon-Thurs. or Tues.-Fri. The previous 91 gig I was with was Falcon 900, Falcon 20, and Lear 35A and I was hired with around 3500tt and 2100 multi. with 900 Turbine (jet) just to give you an idea. Good luck!

CM

BTW, the first company I worked for I was hired as contract Lear copilot for about 6 months to see if I fit in. I was then hired full time. Additionally, I found the job through my brother-in-law's girlfriend's cousin who is a pilot with them. No joke. Once again, good luck!

CM

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back