any advice on Arizona?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyslug,
I'm afraid Tailwheels and more, is no more. I flew out of there once or twice a few years ago. Last time I was in town, however, they were gone and a helicopter fight school had taken their place. Kind of bummed me out. Anyone know what happened to Tailwheels??

sounds great!

thanks again! I guess I should factor in the heat issue...I remember how miserable summer's were living back in Dallas (not quite as hot, but factoring in more humidity made it quite unpleasant). I'm sure climbing into a steamy 172 at 110 degrees probably has some sort of effect on "time of useful consciousness"!

I think I may check out Prescott, as well as Chandler (amongst everywhere else!). Question for Wiggums on your experience with Sunbird...were you able to fly there quite often? For instance, if you wanted to fly 5-6 times a week, would their plane/instructor availability accommodate that? Did the owners seem pretty professional, honest, and straight-forward (I know...that's kind of an oxy-moron anymore with flight schools!).

Again, thanks for the insight...very much appreciated!

Yes, at Sunbird you can fly that much. Even when flight training was booming it was possible to fly as much as twice each day if you scheduled your flights a few days in advance. You should be able to work with your instructor and get the schedule you want.

The school is run by two airline captains, and it's a pretty straight forward small business. The facility and aircraft aren't as impressive as the big academies, but that's reflected in Sunbird's lower rental rates.

Latest resources

Back