• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any ACA news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doom and gloom, that's all. Concessions are on the way because we have to compete with the CHQ and Mesa's of the industry. We've got 3 potential scenarios introduced by mgmt.. 1. UAL survives and we grow or stay alive. 2. We find new code shares (some airlines spoken to but no definites). 3. We go it alone. Plan on 500 furloughs if number 3 becomes the choice.

Actually it is 52 on furlough as of today, and 34 more on 05/01. I know...I'm one of them.

Don't hold your breath for ACA...Tom Moore (Pres. & COO) said, even if UAL survives, our chances of growth with them are slim to none. If ACA goes it alone...min 2 yrs. for furloughees to get recalled.

Doesn't this all totally s*ck!

God I'm glad I still have my bus driver's license!

AirBoard said:
Doom and gloom, that's all. Concessions are on the way because we have to compete with the CHQ and Mesa's of the industry

I can't believe anyone really knows what is going to happen over the next few months. War is ending and deadlines for the UAL bankruptcy are closing in. It's really a waiting game right now. Ziggy1

growth opps

even if UAL survives, our chances of growth with them are slim to none.

I did not make it to any of the road shows. Did TM say why our growth on the UAL side is dicey? Is he assuming that UAL is not going to invest in RJ's (which I would say is totally false), or that the flying is going to other regionals?

Then there's the new TA which allows 70-seaters in exchange for job opportunities for UAL furloughees.

This is of course all dependent on UAL surviving (my personal bet is that they will).

What am I missing?

We're "too expensive"...:eek:

Seems like it is time to jump ship if you are toward the bottom of the seniority list. No growth= reserve forever=no upgrade opportunities. Sorry guys it does suck.

ACE said:
Seems like it is time to jump ship if you are toward the bottom of the seniority list. No growth= reserve forever=no upgrade opportunities. Sorry guys it does suck.

Doing a little recruiting for Comair ACE?

How does anything I said relate to Comair? I don't know where you got that in what I said.

I got a hint of CMR recruitment out of that post also. No big deal though, CMR is a good company and if I were on the furlough list I would be running to anyone I knew there to walk my resume in.

Latest resources

Back