• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anthrax vaccine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The whole series and 2 boosters here. No side effects that I have noticed...

Yet

4 shots then put on hold. No reactions until the 4th shot then I got a big black and blue mark at the injection site, that went away a few days later. #4 was 4 years ago.

There is always a risk anytime you inject a foreign substance into the body. People die from the Flu shot..which I would give up if I could.

5 of 6...

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't take the shots if it's not required! I would think that the unknown long term effects could potentially be much worse than a sore arm a few days after the shot. Plus I think the chances of getting attacked with anthrax are so low that it isn't worth getting shot up with the stuff.

Something stinks about the whole anthrax debate [not enough research on long term affects, only one (?) maker of the stuff who has had multiple violations for unsafe practices, plus all the politics involved ie the company and politicians getting rich over this, etc, etc].
Both my wife and I have gotten the full series of shots back in the 1990's. It didn't make me sick, but it sure made her sick each time. I'm keeping my shot records just in case they find some major problems with this someday...

Cipro is not the end all treatment for Anthrax. It certainly will help but not the only source of treatment. I know...I have about a jillion dollars worth of the stuff in my basement...my wife sells the stuff.

It works for tons of other things too! If the military offers it, keep it!

angry tanker said:
had the full series plus several boosters. don't take it. there is no need. worse case is you get cipro if exposed.

I had 4 of them starting the end of '02. I had no side effects at all. A couple of the guys in the unit did have some reactions, but nothing really very serious. I'd rather have it then not.

There's still a lot to be learned about the anthrax program the military has developed. I think for the most part it tracked the civilian version (remember the bit about how vets and others that worked with animals on the range were vaccinated with the "same stuff" for over 25 years?). So, hopefully they'll show up (or even better...they won't) on the medical boards before we do.

The part that we all need to worry about is when the leadership orders their people to receive things like "Vaccine A" and "Vaccine B" like in Gulf 1. There were a series of shots going into people that weren't identified by anything else than that in their shot records. And to add to that, the vaccines that were being pumped into peoples bodies where given en masse, with no real or reported testing on how the various vaccines would react when combined with others while in the body. Talked to several docs during that time who admitted they weren't taking the whole shot series due to that fact. So, don't throw away those shot records or let them get taken from you.

Latest resources

Back