Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
Hey--- does anyone know where I could find an ANR adapter for my existing David Calrk Headphones. I have the H20-10 without ANR. I am just curious if there is something I can plug them into as a pass through that would provide ANR. I would appreciate any ideas.

I did a few cursory searched over Google and only came up with ANR headphones. I don't want to buy new phones, and I don't want to sell my H20-10.

If you have a web-link to a company that sells them that would be great.

I'm fairly certain you can't just plug in an adapter, and have ANR. The premise behind ANR is an extra speaker inside each earcup (as well as a microphone to sense the noise you want to cancel), with hardware which creates and emanates a 180 degree out of phase noise signal through the extra speaker. In simpler terms, there has to be extra equipment in the headset itself, to provide ANR.

That said, there are companies out there, which offer a replacement speaker set that installs inside your DC earcups, replacing the original DC speakers/electronics. How good these are, or how much ANR they provide, I don't know. Hopefully this is a serious post, as I actually took the time to research it for you. www.headsetsinc.com

I would guess, your best bet is just buying an ANR headset.

Last edited:
i've been using the retrofit kit from headsetsinc for something like 8 years with no problems. good battery life.

biscuit said:
i've been using the retrofit kit from headsetsinc for something like 8 years with no problems. good battery life.

Got a link to their company?

Thanks for the responses. I've used ANR headphones before, and no 'Burt' I didn't have a clue about everything pertaining to ANR. That is what this BB is for. Your insensitivity without adding any wisdom is great.

sorry, I take it back. must be the board wearing off on me.

try www.headsetsinc.com

Their website says that the 20-10 requires a factory installation, their factory I suppose. I've been in the market lately for a anr headset myself and I've found that Marv Golden (www.marvgolden.com) has about the best prices that I can find.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back