Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another "which airline should I choose" thread.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TEXAN AVIATOR

Bewbies
I've been offered class dates with Colgan & TSA, both on about the same date. Colgan's upgrade is much faster, and TSA is a shiny jet. I live in Houston.
WWYD?

TA

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
I've been offered class dates with Colgan & TSA, both on about the same date. Colgan's upgrade is much faster, and TSA is a shiny jet. I live in Houston.
WWYD?

TA

Go to Clogan, get 200 hrs turbine, apply again to Express Jet. There is nothing like living in domicile.

Make sure you tell them you are a Gold Seal instructor!!

I have heard of pilots leaving Colgan for TSA. I don't know of anyone going the other way from TSA to Colgan. Go to TSA.

Geez, reminds me of a game kids like to play:

"Would you rather - lose an arm . . . . or a leg?"

"Would you rather - get caught riding a moped . . . or a fat chick?"

You're probably going to have a training contract of 1 yr at colgan so the XJT option proposed may not be a good stratagy.

I'd probably say go with TSA but make sure it's TSA and not Goojets. If its gooJets you'd be better off keeping your CFI job; in which case go to Grogan, I mean Colgan.

Whoa.... G O Jets is a bad word... It wouldn't let me type it! funny....

TSA for sure!! Oh yeah...Why did you only send you resume to them??

Are you sure about the upgrade time at Colgan?

Last edited:
Go to Colgan. Fly the Saab (great airplane IMHO) for a year or two in Houston. See how ExpressJet is standing up in October, 2007, and then apply to make a move over. Live in domicile again, at home. Who knows, in that two years time you might have racked up some PIC time on the Saab in your hometown.

If for some reason you don't get IAH, then enjoy the Northeast. It's beautiful this time of year, and you'll learn a lot from one winter of approaches to mins in snowstorms and deicing like mad.

Latest resources

Back