• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just 1700 on the street. The rest of the work force will have a job.

Seriously, Sonny. Google Bond/McCaskill and read it for comprehension. It SWA takes 50% of the ASSETS of AAI, they have to integrate the seniority lists.

That means gates, other employees, ground handling equipment, etc. not just pilots.

The God King has no choice unless he wants to run AAI as a subsidiary and that runs counter to everything he's said about growth, market and business plan.

Pull the Kool-Aid IV out of your arm. You guys don't even run it through your digestive tracts anymore. You lose the ability to process it for the crap it is.

Seriously, Sonny. Google Bond/McCaskill and read it for comprehension. It SWA takes 50% of the ASSETS of AAI, they have to integrate the seniority lists.

That means gates, other employees, ground handling equipment, etc. not just pilots.

The God King has no choice unless he wants to run AAI as a subsidiary and that runs counter to everything he's said about growth, market and business plan.

Pull the Kool-Aid IV out of your arm. You guys don't even run it through your digestive tracts anymore. You lose the ability to process it for the crap it is.

Isn't it time for you to open your eyes and actually see the writing on the wall? GK will do exactly as he wants. Sure ALPA could take this to court where it would remain for years; meanwhile we are unemployed just waiting for that $20k payout we get in 10 years, after the lawyers take their cut and we divide what's left. Wake up and smell the coffee!

I do not know what the actual position the AAI group has been put in, but as I said before to a few grumbles. I would rather be working at SWA than not.

Where do you think our MEC is getting these wonderful "you can fight this" ideas? I'll tell you where, from ALPA legal council. Is all about $$$ in a THEIR pockets. ALPA stopped giving a sh!t about us as soon as this deal was announced. Have you not noticed that we are not even mentioned in ANY ALPA communications. They are in it now strictly for our dues money. The longer they can stretch this out, the more they make. WAKE UP MY FELLOW AT PILOTS!!!!!

Where do you think our MEC is getting these wonderful "you can fight this" ideas? I'll tell you where, from ALPA legal council. Is all about $$$ in a THEIR pockets. ALPA stopped giving a sh!t about us as soon as this deal was announced. Have you not noticed that we are not even mentioned in ANY ALPA communications. They are in it now strictly for our dues money. The longer they can stretch this out, the more they make. WAKE UP MY FELLOW AT PILOTS!!!!!

This is exactley what we've been trying to tell you guys. If you could get that lapdog JacknFubifuker to STFU perhaps you could hear us

Oldman is right. The only thing that the ALPA attorneys have ever wanted was to push SWAPA and SW to arbitration, so they could be taught a lesson. Has nothing to do with the AAI line guy/gal, except they have pumped this up to be the be all, end all solution. Very similiar to what Gen and OYS have continued to spout. But when dealing with Gary and Herb, I would rather trust them than ALPA. YMMV.

Dude. Seriously. The more you post, the more ignorant you look, by the day. Even the AT guys are telling you that you can't see what's going on.

Watch and learn. You and your fellow morons OYS and GL are going to see that you were completely wrong. Some of us posted months ago that there was no requirement to integrate. It took Herb himself pounding his fist on a table in a room with only one lawyer (himself), and telling them that they would not F*** up his airline, to get the message across to the ALPA lackeys. (BTW, Lear and PCL are noticably absent. Guess they're finally "getting it".)

Isn't it time for you to open your eyes and actually see the writing on the wall? GK will do exactly as he wants. Sure ALPA could take this to court where it would remain for years; meanwhile we are unemployed just waiting for that $20k payout we get in 10 years, after the lawyers take their cut and we divide what's left. Wake up and smell the coffee!

You are so right sir. Ask any striking Eastern guy about all of the lawsuits, particularly those relating to Single Carrier Status. In the end, a handful of striking EAL guys got to go to the bottom of Continentals list. Lawyers ensured themselves full employment for years and years was about the only thing accomplished. I got bored with reading the updates after 4 or 5 years. If you are an Airtran guy and you think ALPA and the government is going to ride to the rescue just ask any of us Eastern guys. Hell, even ask a Valuejet scab if he was original Eastern that is. If you are 25 or 30, I guess you can risk it and still recover. But if you are 35, 40 or 45 you will never recover. I personally saw how it turned out for many of my friends and coworkers. Don't go there. It's not worth it. Will all the guys like OYS, Fubi, cheering you on be there if it doesn't work out? Will they make sure Alaska or Delta gives you first right of hire in the event you end up on the street? NOPE. They will just change their Avatars and pose as a troll on some other airlines thread. COUNT ON IT.

Fubi has no skin in the game. He flies for Alaska. I also have no skin in the game. No matter what happens to AirTran and Southwest, it will have very little impact on Fubi and me.

I apologize for laying out possible fragmentation scenarios. I don't know what the probability of them coming to fruition would be but I think it's best for AirTran pilots to evaluate all scenarios.

Fubi speaks of McCaskill-Bond as if it's some sort of safety net. It's not. If Southwest needs to 'sell' 50% of assets to a Goldman Sachs shell company, they will. And then leaseback any assets they want to keep. Lav pumpers or any other assets that AirTran has on the books.
Again, if you and I can think of this, slick lawyers have already drafted up plans to execute if needed.

ALPO sucks. They've proven time and again that they can't be trusted.

Good luck to everyone at AirTran and Southwest. I hope things work out OK for both sides. Unfortunately, there's no such thing as 'fair and equitable' in the airline business or in life.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back