• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Pilot Rejects TSA's Abuse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm on the fence with the scanners. I think it can be a good tool to prevent another well placed plastic explosive from getting on the plane. It's a tough choice we have to make as a country which is more important...freedom from TSA or thwarting terrorists. How much invasion of privacy is too much?

I'm on the fence with the scanners. I think it can be a good tool to prevent another well placed plastic explosive from getting on the plane. It's a tough choice we have to make as a country which is more important...freedom from TSA or thwarting terrorists. How much invasion of privacy is too much?

A well placed plastic explosive won't be detected by those scanners. The only way to stop a would-be terrorist is to keep them out of the country in the first place. Even if we make it impossible for them to bring a weapon onto a plane, they'll just go attack something else.

I say next time, just strip down to your skivvies.

Then flash them as you're walking through the metal detector.

See? No need to get molested by anyone!

awhile back a TSA worker went postal on his fellow co-workers for making fun of his package. I think in miami

The above is a true story as far as I know. The employee with the tiny ding dong was outed by, you guessed it, the new backscatter imaging machine. This is okay how? Folks, I'm here to tell you, I was able to see the image created by these things in SLC while I was awaiting the results from my scan. I saw the next person's image bigger than life and I was simply standing where they told me to wait. It's not very modest, and they're not being as discreet as they are letting on.

Regarding theft: Syndicated talk show host out of ATL was talking the other day about an experience with TSA. He watched an employee take his camera and ipod from his bag and steal it while he was being patted down because of his artificial knee. He said that he was raising holy hell the whole time and the employee had clocked out and was gone for lunch or some such crap when the supervisor became involved. Police report filed, the whole 9 yards. Couldn't get the camera footage pulled to prove it, etc, more runaround. No satisfaction, no camera or ipod.

Think this is an isolated incident?

Last edited:
Yup , just strip down to your skivvies, Yes Mr. Lemming, just follow the rules as they come out. How far down you willing to go?????

Al Qaeda Bombers Learn from Drug Smugglers
New Technique of Storing Bomb Materials Inside Body Cavity Nearly Kills a Saudi Prince
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5347847.shtml

Storing Bombs Inside Bodies

Security officials are concerned over a tactic newly employed by al Qaeda. Sheila MacVicar reports suicide bombers are now storing explosives inside their bodies in order to avoid detection.

Suicide bomber Abdullah Asieri, avoided detection by two sets of airport security and palace security by smuggling a pound of high explosives, plus a detonator in his rectum. (CBS)

.Stories
Pakistan Suicide Bombs Kill 16, Wound 150
Terrorism Mastermind Noordin Top Killed
(CBS) Al Qaeda has developed a new tactic that allows suicide bombers to breach even the tightest security, as CBS News correspondent Sheila MacVicar reports.

Inside a Saudi palace, the scene was the bloody aftermath of an al Qaeda attack in August aimed at killing Prince Mohammed Bin Nayef, head of Saudi Arabia's counter terrorism operations.

To get his bomb into this room, Abdullah Asieri, one of Saudi Arabia's most wanted men, avoided detection by two sets of airport security including metal detectors and palace security. He spent 30 hours in the close company of the prince's own secret service agents - all without anyone suspecting a thing.

How did he do it?

Taking a trick from the narcotics trade - which has long smuggled drugs in body cavities - Asieri had a pound of high explosives, plus a detonator inserted in his rectum.

This was a meticulously planned operation with al Qaeda once again producing something new: this time, the Trojan bomber.

The blast left the prince lightly wounded - a failure as an assassination, but as an exercise in defeating security, it was perfect.

The bomber persuaded the prince he wanted to leave al Qaeda, setting a trap.

Al Qaeda has an animated movie showing the meeting between the bomber and the prince. Asieri says more senior al Qaeda figures want to surrender and convinces the prince to talk to them on a cell phone.

In the conversation recorded by al Qaeda, you hear a beep in the middle of two identical phrases that are repeated by the bomber and his handler.

Explosives experts tell CBS News that beep was likely a text message activating the bomb concealed inside Asieri.

The Trojan bomber hands the phone to Prince Mohammed. He's standing next to him, and 14 seconds later, he detonates.

"This is the nightmare scenario," said Chris Yates, an aviation security consultant.

On a plane at altitude, the effects of such a bomb could be catastrophic. And there is no current security system that could stop it.

"Absolutely nothing other than to require people to strip naked at the airport," said Yates.

And al Qaeda says it will share its new technique via the Internet very soon. There is nothing that can stop that either.

so tell me how these dumb ass machines are supposed to protect us?????

Want to get a stupid read, goto the tsa blog and read the entry on the Brittany ice chips..........wow...

Latest resources

Back