Another PIC Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
moxiepilot said:
disagreed & verified my initial statement.

the FAR changed this year to add "appropriately rated AND HAS PRIVILIDGES," therefore until the endorsement is in the logbook the pilot can not log PIC time.

...when you read a reg....

you don't yet have the endoresement, nor the priviledge
No.

When you read a reg...

Maybe =if= the reg said "AND" has privileges, you'd be right, but it says =OR= has privileges.

The addition of the "has privileges" language was part of the light sport pilot rewrite. Sport pilots don't have ratings. They have "privileges" to fly certain makes and models. Without the change, light sport pilots would not be able to log PIC at all.

Read the federal register on the change. You won't find one word that suggests that decades of official FAA policy were being changed.

moxiepilot said:
disagreed & verified my initial statement.

the FAR changed this year to add "appropriately rated AND HAS PRIVILIDGES," therefore until the endorsement is in the logbook the pilot can not log PIC time.

...when you read a reg....

you don't yet have the endoresement, nor the priviledge

M'kay. Thanks for stopping by, please drive through.

As an FYI, the applications I've filled out always wanted PIC and dual received seperated.

I.e. they don't want to see PIC and dual received as PIC, because the instructor in the plane was telling you what to do. Not that you can't log it, however.

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back