Another one bites the dust...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dime line said:
on your six.......your retired from the millitary right?

Yep, he probably is. I love those guys who just do this for fun or beer money, or as a "hobby". 16 days away from home is fun? Well, your bringing down the salaries of those of us who HAVE to do this.

Hey,

I'm retired military. The difference is that I don't figure my retirement money into what I should be making at another job. My retirement is money I earned but didn't get paid during those 20 years. NetJets should still pay me a professional salary regardless of my retirement from Uncle Sam's flying club.

Griz

I'm glad to hear that.your retirement check dosen't distort your civillian thoughts of paychecks. Congrats on your retirement. I'm just sick of hearing retired guys say "the pay is just fine" "I'm glad Martha is paying my paycheck" "you make enough", that last one was from a retired Col. who brags about his 2nd beach house.

Mean while my co captain has a wife and a kid and makes less than our large cabin flight attendants, which if i'm mistaken don't even go to flight attendant school.

Grizz said:
Hey,

I'm retired military. The difference is that I don't figure my retirement money into what I should be making at another job. My retirement is money I earned but didn't get paid during those 20 years. NetJets should still pay me a professional salary regardless of my retirement from Uncle Sam's flying club.

ABSO-BLANKING-LUTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Voice Of Reason said:
No, just the "How can I feel sorry for myself as a pilot with all the real problems happing in the world right now" party. NO ONE is saying what you are insinuating, and if you had READ my posts, rather than just make assumptions out of your narcissitic, entitled, conclusion jumping manner, you would have seen what the point is. YES, by all means, go for the gold...try to increase your pay...but LOSE the highly unattractive entitlement mentality, and the life of MISERY that you are allowing yourself to lead. If you cannot POSSIBLY find any reason to carry yourself in a better way, because the misery is so consuming...then it is time to LEAVE your company (and/or the industry), and do something meaningful with your lives. This message board reminds me a of crew room full of pilots...so miserable, and it INFECTS the WHOLE industry. Can you work for better pay without being so RADICALLY unhappy? RADICAL unhappiness warrants a change...you are NOT "stuck" where you are, and if it was TRULY as imminently "doom and gloom" as you are making it to be, I have to question your sanity as to why you are still there.
Take a sabbatical, get to Phuket and HELP some people TRULY in need, and get a reality check on this life of yours.

Sir put down the Kool-Aid and step away. I do not recall anywhere in this thread me posting how bad it is at my current company. Also for your knowledge. I am looking at getting out of the dead end company this thread was originally started about.

Why do you think it is so bad to try and improve things while we are still here? Do you even work at any of the fractionals? If so you must have an IV with a Kool-Aid drip. Your way of thinking is what is keeping any of the fractionals of improving pay or QOL for the pilots. In case you missed the part of my post and others that there are families still qualifing for government aid that work at these fractionals. Have you seen what the owners are paying to fly around in these aircraft? The millions they are paying are sure not going in the pilots pockets.

thor said:
Dep676, better check your black berry. Things are changing in CGF. Next is domicile. Hope the XP type is worth something where you are.

I know just the message this morning. Also why do you think I got my type in the XP????????????? I didn't say things were rosy either. I had a motive for going to the XP long before I went to it. Matter of fact buying resume paper and stamps today.

Grizz said:
All I've gotta say is thank God you're not part of our voting block.

I know lots of pilots at NetJets that aren't necessarily looking for "the big bucks." What they are looking for is a salary commensurate with the profession they are in. They fly the world's richest people in corporate jets and expect to be paid a professional salary.

Folks like yourself drive this industry into the crap heap. "Hey, I'm flying a pretty new jet and staying in a decent hotel...who needs any pay for this?" If you weren't so pathetic you'd almost be funny.

Ooooh no, there goes Grizz with his holier-than-thou attitude... I never said that fractional pilots shouldn't pursue a pay raise... Everyone deserves pay increases and to be paid "what they're worth." Warren Buffet has a ton of money and the Netjets guys deserve a big raise - no argument there. I merely suggested that people who are looking to enter the fractional business should enter with their eyes open - the schedule and pay are most likely sub-par when compared with some airline jobs. People who are interested in working for a fractional should be aware of the big pay differences - hopefully the gap will start to close sooner than later.

I was also attempting to point out that not every fractional pilot views pay as the primary determinent of their happiness - aircraft types, schedule and route variety matter to some pilots more than others. Of course pay rates need to increase - especially the starting pay which is abysmal... I never stated otherwise. Let me guess, you are a glass half-empty kinda guy and a lot of fun to fly with...

I dont come to this board (or any board) very often... because they're all the same... Someone starts with a good question or coment.. then the helpful replys (some with knowledge some without)... next comes the comlaining and finally the gloves come off. Gilligan's Island wasn't that predictable.

I'm off and up out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back