• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Another of the ubiquitous luggage threads...

Flycatcher99

Total Time
I know this topic has been addressed roughly a thousand times, but can anyone give advice on Costco bags or other relatively inexpensive roller bags that can fit in the 737?

Muchas gracias.

maxpwrset

Total Time
~8000
FWIW,

I've had the extra large PNS bag when I was doing night freight, but it's too big for the 737. I am now using the popular Costco bag on the 737. For the money, I don't think it can be beat. Is it 100% as nice as the PNS bag? No. But it was $200 less, and has a better warranty. I find that it rolls well, and fits nicely in the space provided on both our -700's and -300's. I see quite a few of them out on the line. Having used this Costco bag, I'd be hard pressed to go spend close to $300 on a PNS bag, and that's from a guy who actually has one.

Last edited:

jetdawg

Total Time
what is the name or the stlye of the bag I have a large PNS it is a pain when we both want to put our bag under the jumpseat.

Flycatcher99

Total Time
Thanx, maxpwr. Which specific bag did you get from Costco (model name, size, etc.)?

canyonblue

Everyone loves Southwest
Total Time
15000+
ILUVURBANMYERS said:
Hey my PNS works great on the 300 I just go nose first-works great.

Fits better upside down.

Mmmmmm Burritos

Where mah dogs at?
Total Time
Lies!!
Flycatcher99 said:
Thanx, maxpwr. Which specific bag did you get from Costco (model name, size, etc.)?

It's a Costco brand item called the Kirkland Signature. They have a few different sizes. The first Costco I went only had the big one in stock, but the second one had the right size one. Lifetime warranty! ONly problem is you need a Costco memebership to buy it (or know someone who has one). It's awesome.

maxpwrset

Total Time
~8000
Flycatcher99 said:

Burritos nailed it. That's the model I have. It'll be pretty obvious which one it is if you go to look at them.

Widow's Son

Total Time
I've had them all and am sold on the Kirtland bag. I took an old ratty one in and walked out with a brand new one. One trick is to take the side handle off. You need a hex head driver inside the zipper liner to take the handle itself off and then razor off the sewn leather handle supports. It won't look real pretty, but with the useless side handle off, the bag slides in and out real easy.