Another MU-2 Fatality

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

4MyBro

http://www.faa.gov/data_statistics/accident_incident/preliminary_data/media/B_0923_N.txt

http://www.wmcstations.com/Global/story.asp?S=3889692
WEST MEMPHIS, Ark. A small airplane crashed in Crittenden County, killing the pilot and briefly knocking out electricity in parts of West Memphis. The twin engine plane clipped a power line and crashed into an earth mover at a construction site last night. It crashed about 800 yards from a Union Pacific rail yard.

The body of Joseph Wiley Spiers of Southhaven, Mississippi, was recovered from the site this morning, according to police. The plane was owned by McNeeley Charter Service, based out of the West Memphis airport.

Officers on the scene said the pilot had radioed air traffic controllers that he had some trouble with the aircraft and was turning around.

Marion police officer Brannon Hinkle saw the plane crash but was unable to get close to the plane because of the intense heat from a fire.

-- Sincere condolences to the family and friends of the pilot.

all i've got to say is "wow".

I have the beer and the popcorn ready, here we go again!!!

RIP to the pilot though, regardless of the plane a loss is a loss.

May be we can hold off on the MU2 bashing, and wait for some facts.

Another salute to another fallen comrade...

ACT700 said:
May be we can hold off on the MU2 bashing, and wait for some facts.

Another salute to another fallen comrade...

That would make too much sense to wait, those who have bashed and condemned the aircraft in the past will continue to do so since they have some knowledge that all MU-2's are death traps.

Thoughts and prayers out to the pilot and family

I don't care who you are, you crash into an earth mover, you're dead.

Condolances to the family.

The thing is, 43 Cessna 172s have wrecked, 33 Cessna 150/2s have crashed, 18 Beech have gone down, there have been 8,352 highway fatalities in 18,305 wrecks in the same time period..................but some think a federal case should be made of this particular airplane. Well, that's OK, I guess.
(Numbers are fictitional for the imagination impaired.)

GravityHater said:
The thing is, 43 Cessna 172s have wrecked, 33 Cessna 150/2s have crashed, 18 Beech have gone down, there have been 8,352 highway fatalities in 18,305 wrecks in the same time period..................but some think a federal case should be made of this particular airplane. Well, that's OK, I guess.
(Numbers are fictitional for the imagination impaired.)
You bring up an excellent case regarding making a federal case out of things. Since 1934, only two muders have been commited with registered machineguns. One of the murderers was a Chicago cop that killed his drug dealing business partner with an ATF registered MAC and the other was a doctor. That's over a 70 year time period.

Isn't it time people quit trying to ban assault airplanes, toasters and cribs!

but some think a federal case should be made of this particular airplane. Well, that's OK, I guess.

Thinking and reality sometimes when mixed by certain individuals aren't always on the same page. The particular plane in question has been around for a long long time and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It is "ok" to certain people, others tend to beg to differ, me being one of them.

On every MU-2 thread I have expressed my feeling on that piece of crap. If the blasted thing had been grounded as I have stated before a good pilot would be alive today.

Latest resources

Back