Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

joe_pilot

There be whales here!
Ok, I know I'm late and all but I want to welcome everybody from ASA.

But more importanly, where are we drinking?

Unfortunately, many a SkyWest dollar has reluctantly gone to support Lofte's "Social Club" due to its proximity to the Candlewood and FSI. Not much of a place to drink, but free food for SkyWest employees one a week (Wed?).

On a positive note, when in SLC eat killer Mexican at the Red Iguana on N. Temple just down the road from the airport.

How 'bout Atlanta?

Not much near the airport in ATL. If you want some good soul food, try Abdula the Butcher's (yes, the former wrestler) about 10 mins. from the airport (bad 'hood, though).

For Mexican, you have to come all the way into town and find, if you can, Nuevo Laredo. Unlike most "best of Atlanta" restaurants, this one actually deserves that status in the Mexican category. There's always at least a 45 min. wait for dinner. They have some good 'ritas too.

For a night out, just go to the intersection of Virginia and Highland and crawl. The neighborhood is suprisingly called...Virginia/Highland. If you want a more clubby atmosphere, hit Midtown between about 7th and 14th Streets on either side of Peachtree.

The Red Iguana rules! Don't they also have a Blue or Green version somewhere too?

If only The Varsity had a liquor license........

Rogue5 said:
Unfortunately, many a SkyWest dollar has reluctantly gone to support Lofte's "Social Club" due to its proximity to the Candlewood and FSI. Not much of a place to drink, but free food for SkyWest employees one a week (Wed?).

I would hardly say those dollars went reluctantly......the food comes on thursday and the pitchers flow everyday

On a positive note, when in SLC eat killer Mexican at the Red Iguana on N. Temple just down the road from the airport.

How 'bout Atlanta?

mmmmmm Red Iguana

joe_pilot said:
Ok, I know I'm late and all but I want to welcome everybody from ASA.

But more importanly, where are we drinking?

Ah, all my fears have suddenly disappeared. This just might work.

doh said:
The Red Iguana rules! Don't they also have a Blue or Green version somewhere too?

There is an upscale version downtown owned by the same folks. I went there once about 5 years ago. Nicer decor with prices that reflect it.

rgd said:
Ah, all my fears have suddenly disappeared. This just might work.

First beer's on me. Well, better make it the first 2 beers since SLC only has the 3.2% stuff. You in Hotlanta?

doh said:

Blue.

Can't remember exactly where it was but I remember that our DPE took us there prior to our 120 Type Ride :cool:

Latest resources

Back