Another Logbook question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mflyer

I just finished inputting 12 years worth of flight time into an electronic logbook and I found a few major problems. I noticed after I received my PPL the instructors started logging some of my time as both dual received and PIC. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it totally screws up the formula PIC + SIC + Dual = Total time! I've gone back and totaled these particular instances and get the correct total when subtracted from either my PIC or Dual received. Any suggestions on how should I correct/log this problem??

It is possible to have PIC and dual at the same time. This happens during instrument and commercial training. The student appropriately certified and sole manipulator of the controls while receiving advanced training.

PIC+SIC+DUAL=Total is not a valid formula.
A hitch comes in when you are doing simulator training. You are receiving dual towards a certificate but not in the command of an aircraft. Then you have level D sims where you can receive dual and a type rating without ever being in an actual aircraft.

PIC+SIC+student solo+simulator=total
Take what the electronic logbook says are the correct times and fill out a line in your paper logbook with the proper adjustments so that they match.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back