• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Another Genius Start Up - Pet Airways

On Your Six

Total Time
Maybe a good way to build time for low-time pilots - IF it actually works. Probably will be pay-for-training on their B1900s. Not sure if they will make much money...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/30559266/

http://petairways.com/content/our-planes

Can you imagine the STINK on those flights? Thank goodness they have a "pet attendant" to take care of the animals enroute.

Last edited:

lindsaya99

Total Time
I wonder if that is an ex-Colgan Air Beech. Rumor was they were used in Alaska to fly fish before Colgan picked them up.

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
Hey,
Its a first! Gheyjhet has their first fair/equal jumpseat agreement!
BAAAHAAAHAAA
PBR

blzr

Total Time
Someone, Somewhere decided "HEY, I have a GREAT Idea!!!" !!

I think it was the same person that put the Shaken Baby on the IPhone!! What an idiot!

Lebowski

Don't f*** with the Jesus
Total Time
Sounds more like a marketing arrangement for an existing turboprop cargo company rather than an "airline."

But I do like this idea from the article:

Trained "pet attendants" will be on board checking the animals every 15 minutes.

So they'll have some hot, pet-loving flight attendants in tight little skirts serving drinks and handing out pillows and blankets to all the pets. How civilized!

In reality, I think the Beech 1900 pilots will be cross-trained as pet attendants: pull back the curtain every 15 minutes and look back at the animals--pretty much the existing routine of passenger ops on the 1900.

BuckMurdock1

Total Time
7000+
linky no worky. ..perhaps they are "dogged" by lack of startup capital. "Cat 1" minima would've taken on new meaning..
ok-I'll stop

Boris Badenov

Total Time
~4000
Pet Airways said:
Pet Airways

Starting on December 4, 2009 Pet Airways will be flying from New York to Ft. Lauderdale, and we’d love to have you on board. Tell your 2-legged parents that you want to join them in the sunny state for the winter. Tell them that if they book early, before October 31, 2009 they will save $50 off the fare. That’s money they can use to buy a new swimsuit, or a few margaritas by the pool for themselves.

Will this give the critics paws?

JAB31

Total Time
6000+
So who is flying these airplanes? Some existing cargo operation ? If so ..who? Or is it a true start-up? Could be a fun "on furlough" job......or more realistically a nightmare job..Just curious