• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another gem from Airliners.net

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good lord, there's five minutes of my life I'll never get back... What a bunch of dorks!

CA1900 said:
Good lord, there's five minutes of my life I'll never get back... What a bunch of dorks!
Kinda makes you wish you could beat a bunch of dobermans whilst wearing a pilot uniform until they are properly "conditioned" then sneak a bunch of hits of LSD into their crew room coffee pot about 20 minutes before unleashing those conditioned dogs on them.

Not that that would be a good thing to do, but it's funny to think about.

Disclaimer: DONT DO IT.

[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][SIZE=-1][FONT=ARIAL,]
Airlines are "afraid" to discriminate and have let all hell break lose.

Airlines are afraid to "discriminate" because it against the law. Clothes fit better on people who are in shape. Foreign carriers are allowed to hire only people who are "in shape" (mostly flight attendents, but pilots as well, that's why foreign carriers ask for a picture). Throw in taylored uniforms and it only makes sense that foreign carriers look better than domestic.

Of course this goes for all aspects of airlines. Airlines that wash their airplanes (inside and out) have better looking airplanes. When I went to the interview to work for my current employer the first thing I noticed was the dirty cabin. Of course I was not a paying passenger, so it's hard to say if the unkempt cabin would have been a deciding factor as to whether or not I would fly with that company again. Anyway, my point is that clean airplanes reflect better on a company.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hey DrewBlows,
Nice observation but keep this in mind, The top 5 U.S carriers individually are larger in scope and size than any other foreign carrier. Most foreign carriers dont run aircraft or crews with the frequency of their U.S counterparts. This gives them more time to devote to washing and cleaning and basically doing little things that impede profits in the U.S. Many foreign carriers are also helped out finacially by their respective governments, and their airlines are able to provide top shelf service and appearance.(compare Singapore to Southwest.) Pilot appearance is subjective in my opinion, I think most carriers do a great job! I somewhat wonder if the forementioned crews are freightdogs who really dont place an emphasis on appearence, just whats important. Freightdogs are generally not cookie cutter aviation guys, but perform just as well. A good example is Lynden Air Cargo's Chief pilot who probably weighs in the neighborhood of 450 lbs, wears booby bar tee shirts everywhere with white athletic shoes, and flies internationally! This guy has a horrid appearance but can hold his own from a professional standpoint with any aviator anywhere! In a nutshell U.S carriers have to make money to survive and just like Darwins Theory they have evolved in to what they are, and as for our "appearance and cleanliness tails", Ours may be a little short.
Woody

If I could beat up one group of guys, even if they stood no fighting chance, then laugh at them as they cried on the floor, it would be a.net folk.

There, I finally said it

urflyingme?! said:
If I could beat up one group of guys, even if they stood no fighting chance, then laugh at them as they cried on the floor, it would be a.net folk.

There, I finally said it

Come on, have some pity. It's generally just a bunch of people who want to do what we do and won't ever get the chance.

I mean, if my life long dream was to write software code all day but I couldn't do it, I'd probably go hang out at a website named 'sofwarewriters.net' just to get close to my dream. ;)

FN FAL--Nice avatar. Gulfstream 200 sell that to you or did you buy it in Compton? :D TC

While I've never personally flown internationally, I have a friend who flies over in Europe right now and I can tell you that part of the discrepancy is the difference in duty time requirements.

He says that with the way the duty times work over there, he gets a lot more time off and a lot more rest.

That extra time allows you to shave and exercise.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back