Another ex-NWA manager goes to Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tomgoodman

ATLANTA, Nov. 29, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL - News) today announced that Stephen Gorman, 52, a proven leader in airline and other industries, will join the company as its new executive vice president - Operations, beginning Dec. 1. He will be responsible for Flight Operations, Technical Operations, Operations Control Center, Safety, Security, Airport Customer Service and Delta Global Services. Gorman is replacing Joseph C. Kolshak, who has elected to retire after 20 years of service.
We are incredibly pleased Steve is joining the Delta leadership team,'' said Richard Anderson, Delta's chief executive officer. His experience, knowledge of the airline industry and ability to deliver superior results make him an ideal leader to build on the extraordinary operational performance Delta people deliver every day.'' Gorman most recently spearheaded a four-year financial turnaround as chief executive officer of Greyhound Lines Inc. Prior to that, he served as president of North America division for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. and executive vice president of Flight Operations and Technical Operations at Northwest Airlines. Gorman also served as chairman of the Board of Directors for Pinnacle Airlines Inc. from 2003 to 2007 and as a member of the Board of Directors for both Rohn Industries Inc., from 2000 to 2003 and TIMCO Aviation Services Inc. from 2001 to 2004. He has a bachelor's degree in economics from Eureka College and an MBA from Bradley University.

The Krispy Kreme in my town just closed....

Here Too

The Krispy Kreme in my town just closed....
We've lost 3 out of 4 Krispy Kremes in our area. They are closing all over the country. In the true airline exec fashion, he must have taken his golden parachute and moved on.:rolleyes:

don't get me started, I can't get hired there and this guys has what degree from where?

This sure looks like more writing on the wall , but I could be wrong.

This isnt a knock on anyone, but I couldnt help but laugh about how he used to work for Greyhound and now he's in the airline biz.

Let's see... Krispy Kreme, Greyhound, NWA.... I'm sure liking this guy's track record of financially secure and stable companies. Not to mention the wonderful specimen of a company that is my alma mater...

These guys get rehired more than head coaches in the NFL.

Latest resources

Back