• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another drunk airline pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MOHAA is the best. Especially with all the new MP maps, it is getting even better. I guess the expansion pack is due out this fall. We'll see...

Pilot fails breathalzyer test
By Channel 2 Action News

July 28, 2002 -- (Wilmington, North Carolina-AP) -- A television station is reporting that a Delta A.S.A pilot failed a breathalyzer test before boarding his scheduled flight from Wilmington to Atlanta Sunday morning.

Wilmington Airport Director, John Rosborough, confirmed the failed test this afternoon to reporters for WWAY in Wilmington.

The pilot's name has not been released.

The Federal Aviation Administration would not confirm the failed breathalyzer, but did say the agency is investigating an incident involving the plane's first officer.

F-A-A guidelines say that no crew member can have more than a point-zero-four blood alcohol level. Also, no crewmember can drink any alcohol within eight hours of duty.

The agency can revoke a pilot's license if they determine the alcohol regulations have been violated.

TankerPuke,

You stated that the FAA' regs on drinking are a maximum of .04 on the breathalizer... however, when I was watching CNN (I believe) during the AW coverage, they stated the max was .08.

I'm just curious as to whether or not it is .08 or .04. .04 would make a heck of a lot more sense.

Thanks.

Hey uwochris,

The legal limit for most states is .08 but the FAA's per the FAR's is .04. That is probably what they meant the state limit. You have to be careful when watching the news especially CNN. There are all these "aviation experts" out there that work for these news stations.

According to that article makes it sound like a CRJ, but i dont think ILM has 8 RJ flights a day. I think its made up of E120 mostly...I think this flight was an E120.

Gentlemen,

While the FAA reg may be 8 hours and .04 % the ASA reg is 12 hours and 0.0 %. Zero Tolerance.

Considering the recent America West incident , these guys are done !!!!

Just what the airline industry needs another alcohol related incident involving a commercial airline pilot.

When are pilots going to get it? Makes me wonder!

VERY DISAPOINTING

I am not totally sure what the FAA says (I believe .04 is correct), but what I printed was from Action News in Atlanta.

Latest resources

Back