Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snap145

fellas,
wierd question....i have a leather purty neat flight case....used it at my last job.....im on the CRJ now and they are telling me its too big...which it is....company is telling us 18 by 8.....having a hard time finding one that small.....prefer ballistic to keep the cost down....im piss poor.....suggestions from CRJ guys would be appreciated!

-snap

18x8 is about right. Many say the Ballistic cases won't fit but they do. Only problem is the outer pockets get torn up, especially if you put anything in them. Big deal though, because a fabric case is going to get caked with dirt and torn up in no time anyways.

I went with this one from Coyote Works only because I wanted a case that is going to destroy the airplane before it gives up itself...

-Brett

I use the Luggage Works flight case. Its $200 and fits perfectly in the CRJ.
Some people go to office depot and buy their $40 case but it definately isn't as sturdy.

http://www.crewoutfitters.com/brows...39-74-53-211-186-239-163-178-60-13-221-253-48
LuggageWorks Stealth Split Grain Leather Flight Kit
This high quality split grain leather flight kit has an inside divider and comes with a headset case and two eyeglass cases that attach to the underside of the top and end flaps. There is an external pocket for added storage. It has a sturdy and comfortable leather top handle. The brushed nickel combination locks provide added security.
H-14" X W-18" X D-8" 7.70 lbs

I use the Luggage Works flight case. Its $200 and fits perfectly in the CRJ.
Some people go to office depot and buy their $40 case but it definately isn't as sturdy.

http://www.crewoutfitters.com/brows...39-74-53-211-186-239-163-178-60-13-221-253-48
LuggageWorks Stealth Split Grain Leather Flight Kit
This high quality split grain leather flight kit has an inside divider and comes with a headset case and two eyeglass cases that attach to the underside of the top and end flaps. There is an external pocket for added storage. It has a sturdy and comfortable leather top handle. The brushed nickel combination locks provide added security.
H-14" X W-18" X D-8" 7.70 lbs

I have this case (actually, the more expensive full grain version) and it is not worth the money. Bottom fell out of it after two years, and leather does not wear very well. Very thin leather over cardboard. I'd spend the extra $100 and get a Scott or Coyote Works bag (both fit the CRJ) that will last you a decade or more.

You should be able to get a metal kit on Ebay for $20-40. A similar metal kit over at OfficeMax runs about $50. Plan for the handle to rip off. I replaced mine with a shed door handle and some metal screws. Last time I heard, it was still going strong and that was almost 2 years ago after I gave it to an FO.

Om

I use the luggage works as well, got it here at OuterMarker crew shop.

It has worked very well so far. I did remove the side pockets because I didn't use them and they would get caught on the side of the bin sometimes.

Highly recommended!

eP.

Three words:

Buh. Ahk. Pack.

Office Depot bag is the best deal! Survived 6 years of regional hell and now is doing time as a tool box in the garage. Don't waste the 200 bucks on a high end bag!

Cheers- Rum

http://www.scottleather.com/product/detail.cfm/pid/2647

Scott Leather is the way to go. Get the round top so the flip top lids don't hinder your arm movement. Take the round top and tuck it back and your case stays open.

Most guys get the flip top lid and have to lift open a flap each time they want to get into thier case, then close it so hteir elbow doesn't bump it.

Scott leather last forever....

The Coyote Works bags are by far the best. I have had 4 bags. Usually go through them about every 2 years before handles breaks, lock breaks, or hole worn in bottom.

I have had one of their bags for about a year in a half and it is still completly rigid and holding up great even with bringing it home while commuting.

Get the medal plates on the bottom though.

Their bags have a LIFETIME warranty. They are made by two pilots in Texas. A little expensive but I am not planning on buying another flight case again.

http://coyoteworks.net/Flight_Cases.php

Latest resources

Back