Another Crew Walks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

00Dog

My buddy called from SBA 10 minutes ago to say his flight was cancelled because the "flight crew walked off the job." He was on US Airways so it must have been Mesa.

My buddy called from SBA 10 minutes ago to say his flight was cancelled because the "flight crew walked off the job." He was on US Airways so it must have been Mesa.
Probably timed out, or aircraft had maintenance and the gate blamed the crew. Professional crews rarely go AWOL.

We all know that all delays are ultimately due to the crew for some reason...not wanting to fly a busted pos, not wanting to fly through a line of mesocyclones, not wanting to violate regs or contract duty rules, not wanting to fly sick and so on. It's never the gate's fault. Never!

It is totally beleivable that the crew simply quit at an outstation. It would not be the first time at Mesa in recent history (by a long shot). Expect to see more of this at Mesa if things don't change NOW.

Maybe not!
Last Sunday i had a DCA BOS mainline flight cancel on me due to lack of crew. The Boston shuttle is a high priority for Mainline and full for the rest of the day. I was suprised to see it can.

Professional crews rarely go AWOL.
Welcome to the regionals, were there are no professional.

Think a Professional would accept this crap pay that we're handed?

Much as I sometimes dream of leaving the company in a lurch on my last flight and stranding the plane in BFE, I just could never do that to the 90 people in back.

I think this has happened ONCE at Mesa. More likely this was a crew tracking screw up. Timed out crews, didn't send a full crew in the night before, or even an out station sick call . . . that sort of thing.

One of the better ones I have heard is where the Captain buys a ticket in advance for this particular flight. He gets to the outstation where the ticket he bought originates, quits his job, then bi!#hes louder than anyone else about there not being a crew! Gotta love it.

As good as all this sounds though, it seems that it could come back to hurt you years down the road.

One of the better ones I have heard is where the Captain buys a ticket in advance for this particular flight. He gets to the outstation where the ticket he bought originates, quits his job, then bi!#hes louder than anyone else about there not being a crew! Gotta love it.

As good as all this sounds though, it seems that it could come back to hurt you years down the road.

I'm going to do that if I ever win the lottery!

Latest resources

Back