lately?

Maybe AMR will buy US Airways, staple
all of them, furlough them, and after
15 years in the left seat of a RJ the
"Eagle Rights" types will get to spend
the last 3 years of their careers in the
right seat of a maddog...jeeze!

Oops, my cynisism is showing again!

Belchfire, there is very very thin line between cynisism and realism where AMR is involved.

"Eagle Rights" types will get to spend
the last 3 years of their careers in the
right seat of a maddog...jeeze!
...And Eagle FO's will 'retire' at age 60 after having been FO's for 35 years on a 8 year payscale. Let the lunacy continue!

jetexas said:
(From APA's hotline)...As you know, as part of our 2003 contract, we had originally anticipated being able to acquire approximately 100 CJ Captain positions at American Eagle. After the ratification of our agreement, the ALPA Eagle leadership objected to the manner in which we negotiated our agreement with American Airlines management. As a result of the American Eagle representatives’ objections, it was necessary for us to renegotiate our agreement. The American Eagle leadership subsequently filed a grievance objecting to the May-August furloughees’ eligibility for flow-back CJ Captain positions at American Eagle. With Arbitrator Bloch’s ruling now final, American Airlines flow-back pilots may ultimately occupy up to 500 CJ Captain positions at American Eagle.
I can't believe how full of it Darrah is! Talk about revisionist history! He conveniently neglects to mention that, had AMR/APA succeeded with its illegal rewrite of Letter 3, it would have granted unlimited RJ captain positions to AA furloughees, not 100 as he states here.

He also neglects to mention the other part of this same grievance where the APA was illegally trying to claim "attrition vacancies" at Eagle, from Eagle pilots who resigned, retired, or were terminated. APA lost that part of the grievance.

Darrah is truly the epitome of evil.

LAXSaabdude.

LAXSaab, you are correct. Yeah, interesting how he tries to gain sympathies and mislead by diluting the true meaning of his back stab of last years 'unity' campaign. He makes it sound as if it's Eagle fault. "Oh, if you guys had only let 100 of us come over, you wouldn't have the 500 coming now". If only we had rolled over without a fight this would not be happening? We know the truth. While he may have 500 coming over as he deftly gloats, there would have been over a thousand, not 100 if we had folded last year.

Does this just affect CRJ captain positions? How will this affect people (FO's) down the line?

Does somebody have the full text of the ruling...i'd be interested.

I think even people in ALPA didn't believe that we would win with the 100 or so American furloughed pilots, but how the hell did the arbitrator come up with letting the TWA guys flow back to. When AA and TWA were merging Eagle was not allowed class seats for the "vacancies" taken up by the TWA guys. So since their was no flow through to American for eagle, there should be no flow back to Eagle for TWA pilots. The other thing is that most American new hires (aka, ex-military) were not even qualified to be captain (not flaming, just a fact, 1500 hours in F-15's is still 1500 short of what you need), the TWA guys/gals on the other hand will do more damage to the eagle guys upgrade hopes.

Is Bryan Sweep still running grievances? Maybe it's time to start spending some money for court appeals.

When does the flow through stop? 2005? Has it ever been decided what happens to the guys on the property on the expiration date?

If you're worried about getting furloughed at Eagle, don't worry you'll get hired, the reporter is just smoking the APA crack pipe, 400 sounds like a lot of positions, but it isn't really that much considering how short Eagle is right now.

I would steer clear of Eagle if you have a choice right now, if you can hold the jet you probably won't be able to hold a line for awhile. Jet captains become t/p captains become jet fo's become t/p fo's. I hope for all my friends at Eagle that the AA recall rumor is true.

Later

Last edited:
Igneousy2...

There is a grievance pending arbitration pertaining to the whole TWA flow back to Eagle issue. Who knows when that will be heard.
I'm not sure who the grievance chair is right now.
I understand that the flowthrough will expire in 2007..10 years from the date of signing.

jetexas said:
Igneousy2...

There is a grievance pending arbitration pertaining to the whole TWA flow back to Eagle issue. Who knows when that will be heard.
I'm not sure who the grievance chair is right now.
I understand that the flowthrough will expire in 2007..10 years from the date of signing.
I believe that was argued and decided in the recent arbitration. The arbitrator stated that it didn't matter where an AA fuloughee came from.

Look on the bright side. Roy Everett said AA is 500 pilots short this summer, Arpey is planning on bringing 28 MD-80's out of the desert (300+ pilots), and AA may start more Asia service next year requiring 100-300 pilots and we'll have 300 pilots retire. If any of these in addition to the retirements come to fruitition, chances are most of those flowbacks won't spend a day at AE.

80drvr I think has it about figured out. I really don't think there will near the amount of flowbacks that APA is stating. Things are finally starting to turn around here and hopefully they will keep going in the right direction despite this.

Latest resources

Back