• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another ASA Gear Up ...BTR

Memo for Atlantic Southeast Airline Pilots,

Starting in the November run of PBS, you will now be able to bid for emergency events. They will be scaled from simple diverts for weather to full-on "call the trucks, no better yet, call CNN" events. We in management feel it is our best use of resources to showcase our internal talent by staging these events for media attention. Capt Sulley will be in the ATL crew lounge next month to talk openly with crews on dealing with the media and how to negotiate your best book deal. Stay tuned for more details.

As always, Thanks for all you do!

BH, CT, and sh

At least this one can get in the paint shop to get the "new" Delta paint.

Nice job by the crew, notice the nose wheel is less than 6 inches off the center line, while the mains slid sideways!!

Ha! Stupid Reporters.
First the female newsbag says: "There's been a controlled crash..."
Really? Looked like a landing to me, but what the hell do I know.
Then the old man newsbag anchor says: "Delta Connection Air Southeast flight".
Really? Wow, must be some new airline that I've never heard of.
Then the old fart says the plane landed "without the use of its Landing Wheels." ???
Then the young dorky reporter proudly proclaims that "a headwind actually helped the plane land, it helped to slow the plane 20mph to be able to land."

Nice job by the crew, notice the nose wheel is less than 6 inches off the center line, while the mains slid sideways!!

I'm thinking the plane veered off one runway as it slowed and happened to park the nose wheel on the intersecting runway centerline. That's what they usually do when these happen (and we've had a few of them now)

Still, nice job crew.

Aircraft was just out of maintenance, uplock not installed correctly, I guess they didn't have time to do a gear swing.

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom