• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another ALL ATPS Floozey!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got my MEI at ALLATPS-back when it was only $1300.00 Instruction was pretty good and it served it's purpose.

A few of you guys need to clean up the coffee on my desk that came out my nose :D

I think a few of you need to do a "Mystery Science Theater 2009" with your silhoullettes and commentary in front of these jerk-off commercials. It's a small market, but I'd do the pay-per-view to watch it :beer:

I used ATP (at KTTN) in July of 1999. 3 day program:

day 1 - intro and paperwork, paired up, bookwork oral type questions, fly maneuvers (about 2.5 hours each one watches while the other flies and then switch)

day 2 - review oral type questions, practice checkride (1.5 hr each trainee)

day 3 - ATP exam, DE asked both myself and partner questions from the little ATP gouge book they gave us and some about the aircraft. Then out to the plane for the ride. About 1 hour flight.

-eng fail on TO roll
-sim eng fail on liftoff
-hood on and steep turns
-hood on slow flight
-sim eng fail to ILS to SE missed
-SE LOC app.
-VOR app.
-examiner gave vectors like a PAR app. to runway

that is it from what I remember. At the time I was flying for a 135 outfit as a Navajo CA (I had around 1800tt) and the ride was alot like the ones we did with the FAA/POI.

Paid $975 cash (it was 125 more if you paid cc)

Overall I though it was a good program. My instructor had 300 hours but flew and taught very well. Even with only 300 hours it was evident that he knew the seminole well as he had been through the ATP comm/cfimei program.

I would have used the FAA to get my ATP on my next PC ride but if I did that the owner of the 135 outfit I was working for wanted me to sign a 12 month agreement not to leave. I decided to do it outside the 135 gig as I wanted to leave for a 121 job which I did a month later.

i like how people are on here posting how they went to allatp back in the good old days when it was a good place and now they are embarrased by this video. its was always a ticket mill... ya just didnt realize it... trust me if it had crossed their minds to make this video back then, dont you think they would have???

Kellen Hawk, say hello to Mike Hawk

(give it a minute, It'll sink in)

I knew a girl named Jennifer Spitz. She's now married to Harrison Swallows.

marriage requires more dedication to the job! :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back