Another ACA question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pappy

Two quick questions for ACA pilots. One, are the J41 and RJ's based at all the domiciles. And secondly, is there a seat lock for the first year or can you bid out of equipment and base during your initial year. I know, I know, don't take a chance of going to another airplane during your probationary year. I was just curious. Thanks for any replies.

pappy

CRJ is IAD and ORD based
J41 is IAD only

CVG, LGA,BOS is FRJ

i think there is a 6 month seat lock for upgrades. i dont think there is a seat lock if you go FO-FO.

pappy said:
Two quick questions for ACA pilots. One, are the J41 and RJ's based at all the domiciles. And secondly, is there a seat lock for the first year or can you bid out of equipment and base during your initial year. I know, I know, don't take a chance of going to another airplane during your probationary year. I was just curious. Thanks for any replies.

pappy

- 6 months with the company to upgrade form FO to CA (not that it's going to happen)

- 12 months to go from FO to FO on another aircraft

- J41 and FRJ FO's can bid for CRJ FO vacancies

- FRJ and CRJ FO's can't bid for J41 FO vacancies (why would you want to, right?)

- CRJ bases: IAD/ORD

- FRJ bases: BOS/LGA/CVG/IAD (still planning on having 3 FRJ's based at IAD for "Private Shuttle" charters only)

- J41 base: IAD (scheduled to leave service by 4/04, replaced with CRJ's)

- you can bid to change domiciles right away if you wish. if there are openings at your choice of domicile they will be awarded in seniority order. there is no further seat lock to change domiciles as long as you do not change aircraft or seat.

Hope that helps.

So what do you all hear about hiring as far as numbers for the next year or so . Is it worth making the move or will the upgrade take to long.

I heard recently from the new hires at ACA that they were told in orientation that there was plans to hire 1000 pilots next year. I asked Dean about that and he said around 500 was more likely, but that he is usually the last to know about new hiring plans!? Still, that's a lot of pilots. Should be some decent seniority after a little while.

Everyone-

Thanks for the ACA information. Just scheduled my interview for late next week. Hope my wife didn't sell my lucky suit during the yard sale.:D

Pappy

They must be looking for a lot of pilots. Emailed resume at 1:30pm faxed it at 4 and got a call at 5 to schedule an interview. We will see what happens

Latest resources

Back