• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another 63 on the street at FLOPs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW, add my condolences to the pile. This really $uck$ for those kicked to the curb and has to have the remaining crews concerned about their future. Although like others here I too suspect this is more posturing by the Company to help their position in the contract negotiations. I hope everything works out for all you guys and wish that there was more I could do.

Agreed, "Hold the Line".

I too suspect this is more posturing by the Company to help their position in the contract negotiations.

Don't give up now.

I too suspect this is more posturing by the Company to help their position in the contract negotiations.

Don't give up now.

I suspected this too but... I know a guy who is pretty connected with the used aircraft market and he told me HIG was looking to get a handle on how much $$ they would get if they liquidated the FLOPs fleet. I initially thought he was full of $hit but I'm thinking it may not be too far fetched.

I suspected this too but... I know a guy who is pretty connected with the used aircraft market and he told me HIG was looking to get a handle on how much $$ they would get if they liquidated the FLOPs fleet. I initially thought he was full of $hit but I'm thinking it may not be too far fetched.

after i saw what the did to Gemini, I thought maybe we would be next on the chopping block. Only time will tell.

after i saw what the did to Gemini, I thought maybe we would be next on the chopping block. Only time will tell.

Different animal. Gemini leased their planes and HIG didn't get any money from any sale as there was no sale of the planes. They were simply returned to the leasing company. HIG didn't shut down Gemini. Gemini's inept management shut down Gemini. Inept management....now there's something FLOPS has in common with Gemini.

Different animal. Gemini leased their planes and HIG didn't get any money from any sale as there was no sale of the planes. They were simply returned to the leasing company. HIG didn't shut down Gemini. Gemini's inept management shut down Gemini. Inept management....now there's something FLOPS has in common with Gemini.

Good point Waka....The Blind leading the Blind?

Last edited:
... I know a guy who is pretty connected with the used aircraft market and he told me HIG was looking to get a handle on how much $$ they would get if they liquidated the FLOPs fleet. I initially thought he was full of $hit but I'm thinking it may not be too far fetched.

Different animal. Gemini leased their planes and HIG didn't get any money from any sale as there was no sale of the planes. They were simply returned to the leasing company...

FWIW, Flops doesn't own very many of their airplanes either, mostly the owners do, so the bulk of the money would go to them if they were sold, not HIG.

...Inept management....now there's something FLOPS has in common with Gemini.

So true !!!

FWIW, 1400 EST on flightware shows a pretty high demand time/day:

Aircraft airborne:

EJA: 57
OPT: 22
FIV: 16
LJX/BJS: 15

The demand still looks "good."

FWIW, 1400 EST on flightware shows a pretty high demand time/day:

Aircraft airborne:

EJA: 57
OPT: 22
FIV: 16
LJX/BJS: 15

The demand still looks "good."

True that!!! but......
Do you know how much is live and how much is actual live legs?

Latest resources

Back