• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

annual on cherokee 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For one thing, unlike a 100 hour inspection, an annual inspection may not be delegated. 6-8 hours is insufficient for an annual inspection. The paperwork and logbook search takes that long or longer. A full AD search, 337 search,and examination of the logbooks is necessary and required.

No, when you're paying two hundred for an annual, whether you pick up a screwdriver to open panels or not, whether you put a bucket under the sump and drain oil or not, whether you clean spark plugs or not, it's a cut rate, improper, pencil whipped annual. Two hundred bucks is absolutely insufficient for a proper inspection.

One who seeks out such chop rate priced work is just as guilty as the person doing it, and it speaks just as poorly for the customer as it does for the IA performin the work. Moreover, it's an embarassment to the industry.

For you, NW pilot, it's exactly what most of us would expect.

I am not seeking out a CHOP rate! The Local shop wants $600.00 thats at $90.00 an hour and knowing that one of their mechanic trainee's is on meth like hell I will use them. So at $25.00 an hour for a guy thats been doing it longer then 2 of my lifetimes is a good friend price.

All my logs ad's etc. are nice and neat and my IA don't charge for the paperwork research in the annual unless it's really bad.

He also has a flat rate of $500.00 for a Export C of A thats a paperwork nightmare most of the time due to IA's that mess up paperwork missing 337's etc.

Like the local shop messing up a 337 and book entry which cost me few hours extra from my IA for a conformity inspection and paperwork correction.
----

Now back to the topic! The Cherokee Six! My Local shop here for 24 hours @ $90.00 $2,160 is what they would charge and take a month or two because they are so busy.

hawker's rate of $800.00 is a fair price if I had a SIX and he has some good references and he let me help and learn I would let him do the inspection thats just a little over $33.00 an hour.

I Pay $25 Now!! I am sure with cost of living going up rapidly my guys rate may top $35 next year.

hawker, it's guys like you that keeps aviation affordable.

Last edited:
The Local shop wants $600.00 thats at $90.00 an hour

You start your statement in error. You're assuming that the airplane only requires a few hours to inspect...which isn't the case. Not if it's done properly. No...you're getting a cheap, poor inspection with only a few hours involved, and trying to assume everyone else will do such a sad job, too.

A couple hundred dollars for a annual inspection is a pathetic price to charge, lowers the bar for the business, speaks very poorly of the person doing the work, charging the amount, and the owner to pays it.

It speaks very poorly of you.

Yea, I assist takes a 12-15 hour job makes it 6 to 8 and the $200.00 is just the 6 to 8 hour inspection only... Any repairs are billed at $25.00 an hour $35.00 if he gives instruction and supervision.

Do you sign off your "work" (preventive maintenance) in the log book?

You start your statement in error. You're assuming that the airplane only requires a few hours to inspect...which isn't the case. Not if it's done properly. No...you're getting a cheap, poor inspection with only a few hours involved, and trying to assume everyone else will do such a sad job, too.

A couple hundred dollars for a annual inspection is a pathetic price to charge, lowers the bar for the business, speaks very poorly of the person doing the work, charging the amount, and the owner to pays it.

It speaks very poorly of you.

An annual inspection is just that an inspection!!! A Cessna 150 is not that complex of an aircraft.

I have had an annual inspection signed off with discrepancies because I wanted to have another mechanic of my choice do the work.

I don't trust most mechanics.

I don't trust most mechanics.
That's not surprising. Also not surprising is that nobody trusts you.

Your credibility and judgement, of which you openly brag (and post on the web) frequently make you an object of ridicule, like a signpost of mental density. There's something about the way you operate in which you just don't "get it." Most agree that given a little time, you'll nearly certainly be a smoking hole in the ground, or a splash in the water somewhere.

You seem to revel in your inexperience, celebrate your own ignorance...and then in true arrogance, ignore it completely.

Of course, as you're quite the expert on what's required to conduct the inspection...why aren't you doing them yourself. Oh, that's right. You're not qualified. How about that? Perhaps not such an expert after all.

You're performing all your preventative maintenance from current publications to which you hold a subscription, using calibrated tools, to the same standard required of any certificated mechanic?

Whatever Avbug.... The Expert is who I hire to do the inspection.... I am just there to learn when things are being done to my plane.

As I said $800.00 is a good price for an annual on a Six!

I wonder what Avbug would charge for a Annual inspection with no discrepancies fixed or parts or what he thinks is a good price for a six and a 150!

Last edited:
That would really depend. You don't have enough money to entice me to work on your aircraft, so it's not happening at any price. For someone else, it's a different matter entirely.

That would really depend. You don't have enough money to entice me to work on your aircraft, so it's not happening at any price. For someone else, it's a different matter entirely.

More Hot Air Filling Avbug's Head!

I would not trust you to turn a wrench on my car let alone an airplane. I was speaking in general about what you think is fair price any six or any 150 for an inspection only.. no parts, no repairs, just as is says inspection!

Last edited:
That's not surprising. Also not surprising is that nobody trusts you.

Your credibility and judgement, of which you openly brag (and post on the web) frequently make you an object of ridicule, like a signpost of mental density. There's something about the way you operate in which you just don't "get it." Most agree that given a little time, you'll nearly certainly be a smoking hole in the ground, or a splash in the water somewhere.

You seem to revel in your inexperience, celebrate your own ignorance...and then in true arrogance, ignore it completely.

Of course, as you're quite the expert on what's required to conduct the inspection...why aren't you doing them yourself. Oh, that's right. You're not qualified. How about that? Perhaps not such an expert after all.

You're performing all your preventative maintenance from current publications to which you hold a subscription, using calibrated tools, to the same standard required of any certificated mechanic?

No offense to NW_Pilot :) , but this is a pretty funny response from Avbug. Avbug does a good job with dry wit humor.

Latest resources

Back