Annapolis antics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MAGNUM!! said:
I got in to Navy, too. But somehow I felt like I was underachieving. But, if you were already attending a "real" Academy, why did you apply to AF? Your story rings untrue. Just admit you didn't get into USAFA so you went to a State school instead.

Wow, way to pull out the old "liar, liar, pants on fire" response. Very clever and well thought out. Geez, I'd expect that kind of retort from one of my children.

To be honest, I didn't apply but was rather contacted through my Congressman w/the offer of appointment after I'd chosen Navy. Maybe not enough qualified candidates applied that year.-Who knows, but that's no reason to question my integrity.

BEAT ARMY!

MAGNUM!! said:
How many engines does that thing in your avatar have anyway? And speaking of you sister....nah, too easy.

My sister doesn't date F-16 pilots anyway. Something about having minimum standards and you guys being too high maintenance...:D

Sister?

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH My sister Sal was a fireman's gal.........:laugh:

Last edited:
I'd rather see gay Naval Academy alums than Air Force Academy rapists....

And taking jabs at going to a state school... thats just a smarter choice all the way around. I'd be willing to bet I had more of a college experience my first semester than you got in 4 years Mag.

Okay Sig. Do some more research on the Academy "rapists." Start with the Colorado Springs Gazette Telegraph. Among all the doomsday articles, you'll find one or two that exposes the vast majority of "cases" as fraudelent or without merit. But, hey, it makes a good soundbite for you.

What defines your "college experience?" It sounds like that's code for "frat parties." If your definition consists of amount of booze consumed in four years (or, in your case, 5 year), we probably came out even, Sig.

I actually made it out with my 4 year degree in just over 3 years... and I know of no zoomies (of which I have a lot of great friends that went there) that would ever do it again, or wouldn't go back and go to a real school instead. And I seriously doubt the little weekend libo you had chasing local Co. Spgs high schoolers around, feeding them bad pick up lines counts as "college experience." Nice try, but everyone knows there is no social life at an academy. And remember, no means no.

Explain to me your college experience. Doing keg stands, chasing local high schoolers and feeding 'em even worse pick up lines? Care to examine the date rape stats at colleges at large? At your school? Didn't think so.

Look, I have no beef with doing keg stands, getting sloppy drunk and hitting on young chicks. Hell, I was doing that as recently as '02 in Columbia, SC. And yes, I'd be hard pressed (sts) to "do it again." That doesn't mean I regret going to the joint. Truth is, you DON'T know what I got outta the place, what my social life was like there (and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and yes, you CAN have a good social life at an Academy). You didn't go there, so you rely on the stories of your "good friends that did." News flash: When I tell my "state school" bros what my life was like at school, I overembellish the pain...makes a better story.

Anyway, take cheap shots all you want at my alma mater. I got a 250K education on you and an F-16 outta the deal. Which led to a great job at a major and a great job at a Guard unit. Eventually I'll get an F-22 outta USAFA, and in the ten years I've been out of the place, I've more than made up for any social life I might've missed out on at State U. Later, bro

SIG600 said:
Now I know why my tanker buddies are glad they didn't track T-38's.

Another easy and cheap shot...and based on ignorance. Yet again. I see a trend outta you, Sig.

BTW, how many fighter buddies do you have? I'm sure you'll say "None, and I'm glad of it." Can't have you getting different perspectives and all.

Latest resources

Back