• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

angelina jolie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that the chute is a great idea. I realize it didn't work in a few instances and am not familiar with the circumstances, I hope they have addressed that. I've been flying multi turbine for a while now but I always am scanning for a possible landing site when flying single engine, and sometimes, there just aren't any. It would be nice to have a back up option.

Viva Angelina !!!

She can be my student any time . . . jeez. . . I need to register for that Cirrus Standardized Instructor Program ASAP !!!!! ;)

is it me or is sirrus becomming the new doctor killer. are they relying too much on the chute?

Kream926 said:
is it me or is sirrus becomming the new doctor killer. are they relying too much on the chute?

How many pilots have crashed and killed themselves in a Cirrus?

Absent that fact, it will always boil down to training and not the aircraft itself.

-Neal

sqwkvfr said:
Bundy Drive in LA? Does anyone else recognize that street?

Yes......Isn't that where OJ plays golf????
Heard he has a wicked slice...............................

Bundy runs across the approach end of 21 at KSMO. It's maybe a couple hundred feet from the end of the runway, though 50' below grade for the runway. Man, I miss LA.

Cirrus accidents

Kream926 said:

Technologically advanced aircraft (TAA) technology does not guarantee that pilots (especially low-time ones) will exercise sound judgement or good decision-making before flying into weather conditions that they are not able to handle or have not been trained to handle . . . which is the key factor in some of the recent accidents. IMHO, I think the parachute should be there to help you when something has mechanically gone wrong with the aircraft . . . not to give you the confidence to fly beyond your skills no matter how advanced the aircraft is.

Now . . . does anybody have the latest scoop regarding Angelina purchasing the Cirrus ?? :D

Last edited:
I think its the combination of the chute with TKS system that is not for known icing. Whats the point. With or without the system, if you get ice you shouldnt be there and you have to get out. The cirrus rep. i talked to recently didnt seem to understand what known icing even was. He talked about that TKS like it was gods gift to earth.

U-I pilot said:
The cirrus rep. i talked to recently didnt seem to understand what known icing even was. He talked about that TKS like it was gods gift to earth.

Which Cirrus sales rep did you speak to?

-Neal

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-I pilot
The cirrus rep. i talked to recently didnt seem to understand what known icing even was. He talked about that TKS like it was gods gift to earth.

Which Cirrus sales rep did you speak to?

-Neal

I wouldnt say his name

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back