Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jed

Hey Folks!
I wanted to know if anyone out there knows how I can get info on what units do have vacancies? When I call around I just don't get anywhere. Thanks!
JED

Advice

Hey dude, better get used to it.... Your best bet is to call the Ops Group Commander or a Squadron Commander to get pointed in the right direction. He may send you to a recruiter or other enlisted person who should have an e-mail or snail mail document they can send you explaining their hiring practices and application requirements.

The internet also has a lot to offer in the way of unit-specific information. Often it will take some time to track down the right website, but it can be done. When I was shelling out applications all over the country, I found about half my information on the internet and half from calling the guys I listed above. Just be persistent, but polite.

Flaco

baseops.net

Check baseops.net

They have a lot of listings. Mostly heavy units though.

When I was applying I used this list:
http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/usa/usaf-ang.htm

It tells you squadron and state and then I used google or information on the phone to hunt down numbers. It is long process and takes a great deal of effort to compile a list if you are trying to apply to multiple squadrons. And then as said above, ask the OGC...

I have some numbers still for mostly F-16 units, PM me you want what I have.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back