• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HoserASA

Burns stands to make $2.25 million
Former Delta, Mirant exec's pay disclosed

STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES
Published on: 12/23/05 Ex-Delta Air Lines and Mirant Corp. executive M. Michele Burns will make as much as $2.25 million in salary and bonus during her first year with her new employer.
Burns also will be eligible for long-term incentive awards worth at least $2.625 million in 2006, and she could be paid up to $1.8 million for awards from her previous employer that she might forfeit.

Marsh & McLennan Co., a New York investment management and insurance firm, disclosed the figures in a regulatory filing Thursday.
Burns is set to become an executive vice president and chief financial officer at Marsh & McLennan. Her salary was set in a three-year employment agreement, which takes effect when she joins the company on March 1.
Burns will get an annual salary of $750,000 and is eligible for an annual bonus of 100 percent to 200 percent of that, with a minimum 2006 bonus of $750,000.
Marsh & McLennan also agreed to cover Burns' housing and travel expenses for up to 18 months — with up to $8,000 a month in housing costs and one weekly airfare between Atlanta and New York — plus a "gross-up" to cover income taxes because of the perks.

Burns has been executive vice president, chief financial officer and chief restructuring officer of Mirant since 2004.
Before that she was chief financial officer at Delta, where she was among top executives who benefited from a controversial compensation plan in 2002. The plan awarded executives hefty bonuses and bankruptcy-proof pension trusts at a time of deepening financial crisis and job cuts at the airline, now in Chapter 11 proceedings.
Delta recently moved to rescind Burns' pass for free first-class flights. She filed a motion in bankruptcy court to fight the move.

Hoser:
It just goes to show you how dishonesty and being just plain old stupid gets rewarded! She is a crook, and is suiing to get her POSITIVE space non rev privileges re instated?!?! YGTBSM!

I know! It blows my mind that someone with her wealth is suing DAL so that she can ride free. Geez, why doesn't she just purchased her own jet. But, pity the poor soul that would have to fly that jet!

And what is it that these troubled companies see in her? None of them have turned out for the better after she has left. I sincerely hope DAL is the first one though. Good luck guys. You and we (ASA) are all gonna need it!

Hoser

You guys need to be more understanding, these companies have to fork out the big bucks to get that higher level of incompetence. In fact they couldn't really afford the high level of incompetence they were really after, so they got Ms. Burns, seeing that women only earn 70 cents for every dollar men make. ;)

737 Pylt said:
Hoser:
It just goes to show you how dishonesty and being just plain old stupid gets rewarded! She is a crook, and is suiing to get her POSITIVE space non rev privileges re instated?!?! YGTBSM!

Hmm...is Positive Space captain's discretion at Delta?

C

quote-You guys need to be more understanding, these companies have to fork out the big bucks to get that higher level of incompetence. In fact they couldn't really afford the high level of incompetence they were really after, so they got Ms. Burns, seeing that women only earn 70 cents for every dollar men make. ;)

Man that there's funny- I don't care who you are!

All kidding aside FU*# HER! Hey Delta, while your at it take her pension away as well. Maybe the BK judge could see that as waistful spending on Delta's behalf.

It would appear her expertise is Golden Parachutes for upper managers! Guess that's why companies hire her. Where's the board's oversight?

Corporate America!

Hoser

ANYBODY on the airplane is there at the CAs discretion.

Even though she's positive space, she's still a non-rev. Her butt in that seat is not generating revenue for DL, that makes her a non-rev.

Corona said:
Hmm...is Positive Space captain's discretion at Delta?

C

You bet it is...I don't know one captain, when, not if, they found out that would fly her to where she is going!

Hoser said:
I know! It blows my mind that someone with her wealth is suing DAL so that she can ride free. Geez, why doesn't she just purchased her own jet. But, pity the poor soul that would have to fly that jet!

And what is it that these troubled companies see in her? None of them have turned out for the better after she has left. I sincerely hope DAL is the first one though. Good luck guys. You and we (ASA) are all gonna need it!

Hoser

Hoser, I truly believe that the judge might see her greed and throw it out! She has truly got to be on of the most selfish pigs on the face of the earth!

Latest resources

Back