• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And the latest great idea from the Feds is ->

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Awesome. A step back in America, and a step forward in the UK.
$8 billion dollars worth of iPads being bought for BA crews. Many links available, I just chose one from the search results for the story. That is right, 3,600 iPads. Every pilot in the system gets one.

http://mashable.com/2012/12/18/british-airways-ipad-pilot/

I don't get the point of your post. Numerous airlines in the US are supplying iPads to their pilots.

Reminds of a conversation at the school house. There had been a recent "low speed incident" and I opined that the guys both had their head up their ***, probably reading the "Multi-colored Fish Wrapper."

The instructor says, "Oh no. Nothing like that at all. He was reading the SOP."

As long as it's an "official" distraction, it's OK.

I just find it funny that a crew freaking fly's past its waypoint in Hawaii "Go" Airlines because of stupid rest rules, but thats okay (Pilots fault because he didn't eat, shower, and fall right asleep when they got to the room... Making a 8hr rest only 4 hours of sleep). Maybe if they'd been watching "Dexter" on there Laptops they would've stayed alert! You gotta just laugh sometimes. Money Talks!!!

Guess we just need to do what comes natural and start falling asleep on those long, boring transcons.

I get angry every time I read about this new rule. The public seems to think it's a great idea, though.

I hope the people that wrote this rule have to sit in the jumpseat on a transcon or longer just staring straight ahead as punishment.

The rule can kiss my butt and so can the department that put it into the FAA output.

Latest resources

Back