• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And now for something completely different: DAL+CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta and CAL have been in contact about a merger for over a year, along with UAL, this is not a secret. And schwank, geshields is correct, NWA can only stop a buyout of CAL, not the other way around, so really NWA has very little to say about it.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

This would not benefit anyone, CAL and DAL don't get what they want, which is a larger Pacific presence.

Last edited:
Looks like one carrier is showing the books to everyone. Gonna be a tough road if they don't dance with someone now that everyone has looked at the books.

Of course DAL is also looking at everyones books.

Actually, there is probably less peering into each others books than you think at this point.

Last edited:
Why did the NWA MEC talk with Larry Kellner on Tuesday? I would think they would meet with the CAL MEC instead. Any NWA guys have an answer?

Last edited:
... good old fashioned stock pump ...

DAL / NWA old news. Need some other action to appease those trying to cash out their claims....

Airlines need to formalize this and open boiler rooms in the G.O. complex with phone bank manned by crew scheduling....

these articles are starting to get annoying. For all we know they talked on the phone for a couple of minutes. I am getting tired of all this merger talk. Wake me up when it happens!

later.

these articles are starting to get annoying. For all we know they talked on the phone for a couple of minutes. I am getting tired of all this merger talk. Wake me up when it happens!

later.

Very much agreed. Quit whacking off and zip up or seal the deal.

The main reason Delta is "exploring" mergers is because the board of directors was appointed by Delta Creditors in BK, and they were known to favor mergers so their own shares would increase in shareholder value.
Bye Bye--General Lee

This is the ONLY reason for a merger.

The Asian Expansion doesn't matter.
"Keep Delta My Delta" doesn't matter.
Fuel prices don't matter.
Pretty new paint jobs don't matter.
The only reason any merger would happen is for a brief spike in shareholder value.
Just gotta keep it all in perspective.

This is the ONLY reason for a merger.

The Asian Expansion doesn't matter.
"Keep Delta My Delta" doesn't matter.
Fuel prices don't matter.
Pretty new paint jobs don't matter.
The only reason any merger would happen is for a brief spike in shareholder value.
Just gotta keep it all in perspective.

You forgot
More money in upper managements pocket

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back