• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ancient Pictures of Aviation Old

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah yes, those were the days. The days when flip flops were only seen at the beach, and the cheap tickets were on Greyhound. Hard to fathom, but ticket prices actually paid enough to run the business while paying the employees a good wage. And they still made a profit. Must be fiction.

One way to make JFK better would be to nuke the DL terminal. I love the piss dripping from the ceiling all winter long

One way to make JFK better would be to nuke the DL terminal. I love the piss dripping from the ceiling all winter long

That's the old Pan Am Worldport. Hollowed ground. If it's not aleady an historic landmark it will be at some point. DL's plans are apparently to keep T2and lease T4 and vacate T3 altogether.

Just needs some touch-ups here and there is all.

Internet Eggcorn Alert

Oooh, a new eggcorn! http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/

That's the old Pan Am Worldport. Hollowed ground. If it's not aleady an historic landmark it will be at some point.

They've dug out the ground under the Worldport!?

Hallowed: (adj.) regarded as holy; venerated; sacred.

Hollowed: (verb) made hollow; scooped or formed by making concave.

Thanks for the pictures. My Dad spent 31 years of a 34 year career in Aircraft Maintenance with American. Worked line maintenance at the old recently torn down terminal . He's 88 years old and I just got done sharing them with him . It really made his day and was the highlight of his Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks for taking the time to post them .....

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
I heard they just took it off the register of historic places
God I hope so. As far as the guy above you saying it just needs a fewtouch ups. You are crazy. that place cannot be just touched up. That place is one of the worse terminals out there

Latest resources

Back