Ana / avj

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lookin4better

I know there is plenty I could find in a search funtion, but its outdated. Just looking for some new info, plans for 2010, etc.

Which is better to apply through ? Parc or Crew?

I would imagine its pretty competitive right now... how many FO's are planned to hire in 2010?

About how long after sending apps does Parc or Crew get back to you on a possible interview? or does ANA call for the interview?

I could lose a few pounds, nothing horrible but is this going to be an issue at the medical?

Does ANA pay for one to get over to Japan for the interview?

Thanks!

I know there is plenty I could find in a search funtion, but its outdated. Just looking for some new info, plans for 2010, etc.

In 2010 the company announced that they will merge both 767 operators AJV (cargo) and AJX(passenger) they will continue to hire for the combined company as planned, they are hiring both DEC's and F/O's with ANA integrating two more 763F's and six more new 763ER's into the fleet.

Which is better to apply through ? Parc or Crew?

Depends, CREW has a better situation in term of medical insurance for people commuting from the US because they cover the dependants. PARC doesn't cover you dependants in the US and you have to buy supplemental insurance. PARC seems a bit more organized than CREW though, I have heard guys complaining about pay being wrong, late, it is usually difficult to get somebody to get back to you with an inquiry, that sort of thing. I'm with PARC and we don't have does issues at all, plus I think that the unemployment and loss of license insurance is a lot better with PARC.

I would imagine its pretty competitive right now... how many FO's are planned to hire in 2010?

It is pretty competitive right now, a few months back there where rumors that the hiring would slow down in 2010 due to the merger of AJV/AJX but what the company is saying now is that they will run full courses for the year. Starting in March there will be no more separate classes but rather one class for the combined company and they will run 4 classes for the year of 6 to 8 applicants per class. The average experience of the guys that have joined recently is above 5,000 hours with quite a bit of transport jet time. There is also the JAL factor since they have said that they will give interviews to some of those pilots and this may affect the overall hiring later in the year but we will just have to wait and see how much of an affect it will have.

About how long after sending apps does Parc or Crew get back to you on a possible interview? or does ANA call for the interview?

The contract companies filtrate the most eligible candidates and the ANA decides who to call for an interview but it is the contract company who will call you, not ANA. The time varies and it takes usually three to eight weeks to be called. Now I must let you know that even if you pass the interview, that doesn't mean you will be offered a position there has been a few guys left without an offer. Not trying to be discouraging, just giving you facts

I could lose a few pounds, nothing horrible but is this going to be an issue at the medical?

The medical is the only part that is not controlled by the company, it is a JCAB requirement to hold a Japanese ATPL and it is very comprehensive, think NASA first manned Mars mission and you will be in the ball park. A lot of folks fail the medical, about 60% for what I have been told by the contract company. If your BMI is 30 or more your application won't be processed

Does ANA pay for one to get over to Japan for the interview?

In short, Yes! sometimes the contract company will have you purchase the ticket but they will reimburse you afterwards, I have never heard anyone not being paid back

Last edited:
Hi!

IAC also fills contract 767 guys for Japan. I applied at CREW and never heard back. Going to apply at PARC/IAC (have already registered there with my stats).

You can be "pooled", and drown there. The guy I know in the pool said they take the best qualified guys (at the time of their interview) out of the pool. He said is low-experience in the pool, and will drown. He said if he had waited 6-12 months he would've had higher "numbers" in the pool and a chance of being pulled out.

cliff
NBO
PS-Minimum BMI is a standard deal in many overseas positions.

Reapply for AJX/AJA ?

Went to Tokyo last summer for the interview process, completed all the phases but was not successful. I am pretty sure it was the sim where I lost it. I was very impressed with the way everything was run out there and am still interested.

Does anyone know if they will look at you again if you reapply after 1 year or so ?

Only AJX actually, AJV is being dissolved and all the freighter guys will be transferring to AJX and we will be operating both passengers and freight.

Iac

IAC emailed me an app but I heard IAC is not the way to go to do that job. Im not sure why, but thats just what I was told. PARC/CrEW was the recommended way to apply.

Hi!

I don't think there is anything wrong with IAC, it's just that most US guys don't use them...think they mostly do Euro guys????

cliff
GRB

Not many guys here are contracted through IAC, I only know of one (I'm sure there are a few more) I don't think that they are too bad because you don't hear horror stories about them like you hear with Rishworth! (they don't carry the ANA contracts, it's just an example) but it is not a very popular contract agency for this gig. They give me the impression of being a small outfit, something runned out of a house office with a laptop and a fax machine.

Latest resources

Back