Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ANA 763 Hard Landing Fuselage Damage (Video)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ouch! It is just painful to watch!!! I guess that I won't be flying JA610A for a while. I'm glad it didn't turn out like another nose gear bounce on the same runway a few years back.
With that kind of wrinkle in the fuselage, it's likely the main keel beam has been damaged, in which case you probably won't ever fly it again, it'll get scrapped.

And they wonder why we scoff at ab-initio training... :rolleyes:

Hum! The FedEx MD11.... The conditions were as bad as that day as well, gusty as hell all the way down according to some of the boyz flying that day.

Thanks, I had a feeling is was that one. Wasn't sure of the airport this one occurred at.

So this was an AB initio crew?

I seriously haven't seen a PIO like that since teaching private pilots.

So this was an AB initio crew?

I seriously haven't seen a PIO like that since teaching private pilots.

That long hum? There was a recent incident on the same runway and under the same condition that took the life of two pilots that were way pass the private pilot stage:rolleyes:

I don't know the particular crew involved nor would I comment on them if I did, but I have flown with many mainline guys and they are on the majority, well trained, good pilots, this is a company that spends 4 years training a pilot before they release them into the right seat and then they spend many years flying domestic before they start flying international trips, I can assure you that they were well trained, experienced pilots just like the MD11 pilots were, how about knowing the facts first.

I don't know the particular crew involved nor would I comment on them if I did, but I have flown with many mainline guys and they are on the majority, well trained, good pilots, this is a company that spends 4 years training a pilot before they release them into the right seat and then they spend many years flying domestic before they start flying international trips, I can assure you that they were well trained, experienced pilots just like the MD11 pilots were, how about knowing the facts first.

+1

This could have been any of us...........

agree. A bad day is a bad day. Just hope lives are not lost and one keeps their job to learn from the mistake

Latest resources

Back