• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An open letter to the pilots of Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because it only benefits the other ALPA carriers, not you. It levels the playing field for them by you voting in a union.

So because you guys fly for crappy companies we need to make ours crappy. Wow totally makes you sound retarded

I do not think voting in a union or out would make any difference today to the buyout proposal of Express Jet. If the union vote would have passed we would still be drafting a contract with no power at all.

This post is silly. It has no point to it. So we voted down a union, that was the majority of the vote here. (I voted for ALPA), I am not crying about it, nor loosing sleep, cause that is what a vote is, it is what the majority chose.

Now concerning Express Jet buying, I dont remember Jerry and the board of directors asking the pilot group for approval. We were given an anouncement just like you about it after the fact. Pilots dont have anything to do with this.

I do not think voting in a union or out would make any difference today to the buyout proposal of Express Jet. If the union vote would have passed we would still be drafting a contract with no power at all.

This post is silly. It has no point to it. So we voted down a union, that was the majority of the vote here. (I voted for ALPA), I am not crying about it, nor loosing sleep, cause that is what a vote is, it is what the majority chose.

Now concerning Express Jet buying, I dont remember Jerry and the board of directors asking the pilot group for approval. We were given an anouncement just like you about it after the fact. Pilots dont have anything to do with this.

This looks like a statement made by J Black. You obviously don't understand the RLA. Expressjet's ALPA negotiated contract is obviously making a difference in Skywest's buyout proposal.

I think its more of a problem with upper mgmt being able to do as they please. Its not the guy who goes to work everyday that makes these decisons. its not the pilots fault its the ceo's that dont give a f**k about us.

I think its more of a problem with upper mgmt being able to do as they please. Its not the guy who goes to work everyday that makes these decisons. its not the pilots fault its the ceo's that dont give a f**k about us.

The point I'm trying to get across is that every day pilots and the pilots at Express Jet ARE able to make decissions. We've negotiated scope to stop our company from doing EXACTLY what Skywest is doing.

Pilots should NOT be competing against each other. They should not, and its wrong. If you had voted in ALPA....or ANY union, you would have been able to negotiate this.

when are you all going to learn that Skywest is better without ALPO. You will all soon see how much better it is here!!! Skywest is the greatest airline in the world...and you would be lucky to be a part of it!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back