An New Airline Arriving in Morgantown, WV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brvopilot

Google alert sent me this story; I haven't heard about that kind of configuartion in a Saab before:

http://www.wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=4090

Morgantown may join three other West Virginia cities in endorsing a proposal to switch airlines. One that will give passengers more options and more destinations. Story by Katherine Jones

Morgantown City Council has voted to recommend to the federal Department of Transportation that Regions Air replace Air Midwest at Morgantown Municipal Airport. Air Midwest has been flying passengers to Pittsburgh where they could then make connecting flights.

Air Midwest announced in April that it would cancel service to the Morgantown Airport unless it received a federal subsidy.

Regions Air would fly passengers from Morgantown to Delta Airlines' hub in Cincinnati. They would provide a 34 passenger Saab aircraft that has laboratory facilities, more room for passengers and a flight attendant.

Council says the high cost of a flight from Morgantown to Pittsburgh forced many potential air travelers to drive to Pittsburgh instead. With a new hub passengers will able to fly to 140 cities around the world from Cincinnati ...compared to about 50 out of Pittsburgh.

I wasn't aware that Regions Air had Saabs. And with almost a year on the Saab, I never found a Laboratory.

Man, is there anywhere Meth cookers won't set up shop?

3C/Corpex/Regions Air with Saabs...will this rumor ever die???

I wonder if there is any flame in MQY behind this smoke...

3C/Corpex/Regions Air with Saabs

Yes, but they're buying up all the (few) Saab 2000s, not 340s, and they're going to use them in RDU. And of course ... I have a confirmed date for the first new hire FO class on the 2000. Back to Raleigh, baby! :)

Minh
(It's all true ... I swear it!)

ERfly said:
...And with almost a year on the Saab, I never found a Laboratory.

You must have never flown one with the built in coffee pots. There was always some kind of science experiment growing in there. :)

Latest resources

Back