• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How will this play out for those guys/gals still sitting on the fence to turn in their packet and head for heavens waiting room ?

Why do YOU think 250 AA pilots have retired in the last two months? I'd be grabbing my cash and heading for the beach, too.

Why do YOU think 250 AA pilots have retired in the last two months? I'd be grabbing my cash and heading for the beach, too.

That part I have figured out. Let me clarify, I am trying to learn what effect halting trading means for those who have not left ? Have they missed their opportunity to cash in and may now be tied to A; best case scenario, The very low stock price or B; worst case scenario, They are out of luck and will be tied to a probable shifting to the PBGC of their pensions if a bankruptcy is on the way. In my opinion the two possible scenario's I have listed will have very different results at stopping the exodus of pilots.

I feel bad for pilots who've accepted recall and start training this week. Good luck to them!

AMR is going to need to file Chap 11 within the next few months; although they've got $4.2B in unrestricted cash on hand, they'll need most of that when their credit lines get cut. And their credit lines will get cut instantly after filing. My take is that if they go much below $3.5B unrestricted they're in danger of not emerging from Chap 11.

My guess is that they'll downsize significantly but will survive. I'd further guess that sometime after emerging, they'll buy Alaska and/or USAirways - but that's several years down the road.
No one will buy AMR and I don't foresee them going chap 7.

For the pilot retirements, the payout is tied to a financial basket; it's not directly tied to AMR's stock price. If there aren't 250+ retirements on 1 Nov, I'll be very surprised.

I do see someone buying them. Maybe TPG if not an
Airline and then taking them through the bankruptcy, bringing them
Out half size. I think it will be AS, JB, WN, or US

down 30% on triple its ave volume. Something is definitely up. I mean, "the tape tells all".

the lower the share price, the cheaper it is to buy all outstanding shares and thus pave the way for a takeover of the company. FYI

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back