• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR sees itself as an acquirer in potential mergers and at least five airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's nucking futs. AA wont be broken up and sold as pieces. IAG/TPG would step in long before that was a realistic possibility.

I agree, if the parts were worth more than the whole TPG could step in, get control of the company and then THEY would break it up if that would provide the best return. Private equity companies are famous for doing exactly that. TPG doesn't want to own/run an airline, they want to make money. If AMR is worth more in pieces than as a whole then that's what will happen. I think it's unlikely but it is a possibility. AMR management does not determine the outcome here, the creditors do.

The AA brand is worth something and I feel they will emerge as an intact AA and perhaps a merger with jet blue for JFK feed would be good and also it could make AA a major player in BOS again with good jet blue feed.
Airways offers very little in value to AA,but airways could grow domestically by acquiring frontier,more airbus aircraft and a midwest denver hub.That would be much easier to digest that the AA plan.

Just my 2cents worth.

American has new york , south florida and socal hubs. Jet blue has new york , south florida and socal hubs. So why would that be a good fit? Elimination of competition i guess. Is Boston that much of a prized asset?

American has new york , south florida and socal hubs. Jet blue has new york , south florida and socal hubs. So why would that be a good fit? Elimination of competition i guess. Is Boston that much of a prized asset?

Cornerstone markets- AA would double their slot portfolio in JFK with a JB acquisition, completely control the south florida market with the ability to play FLL/MIA airports against each other for low fees, and bring a minor amount of loyal followers from their LGB presence.

BOS isnt a prized jewel, but now that JB has booted out a lot of the legacy competition AA+JB could have a northeast fortress hub if they continue to develop it.

The AA Pilot TA has a complete outlined unlimited code share with Alaska. JetBlue brings 160 JFK slots 30 LGA slots,150 departures a day plus 16 Gates in BOS, San Juan's new terminal and the whole of the Caribbean. $1.2 Billion in the Bank, Live TV ($1.0 Billion asset), 125 Airbus A320's and an up and running FAA approved training program.30 A321’s deliveries start in 9 months at 5-7 ships per year, 45 E 190’s

I could keep going but I think I've made my Point!

The AA Pilot TA has a complete outlined unlimited code share with Alaska. JetBlue brings 160 JFK slots 30 LGA slots,150 departures a day plus 16 Gates in BOS, San Juan's new terminal and the whole of the Caribbean. $1.2 Billion in the Bank, Live TV ($1.0 Billion asset), 125 Airbus A320's and an up and running FAA approved training program.30 A321’s deliveries start in 9 months at 5-7 ships per year, 45 E 190’s

Not really. JetBlow would never work with a legacy carrier. Apples and Oranges. Plus gates in BOS are not really a commodity. Now DCA, totally different story...

Not really. JetBlow would never work with a legacy carrier. Apples and Oranges. Plus gates in BOS are not really a commodity. Now DCA, totally different story...

US already had two failed attempts with legacy carriers, three strikes and youll be merging with Mesa.

Yep, JetBlue has a lot going for it. Now what's in it for us?

So you are excited to see the Nicolau Award enforced? It will be, binding arbitration is binding.

Latest resources

Back