• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aa73,
I would need to go look back at the numbers but the question I have is:

When the NIC award came down and 250 + or - were granted the ability
to exercise their option to come over to AA and I believe the number was 155 + or - accepted. What happens to the other 95 or so. Where would they be put if as of 11 Oct the AE pilot's will have an opportunity to fly for AA.

Just asking, not sure of the answer

American Airlines executive to join Gap board
San Francisco Chronicle - 3:58 PM
(07-22) 12:23 PDT San Francisco (AP) --

The chief financial officer of American Airlines and its parent, AMR Corp., is joining the board of clothing retailer Gap Inc.

Gap said Friday that Bella Goren will become its 11th director on Aug. 15. She will serve on Gap's audit and finance committee.

Goren, 51, has spent 25 years at American and AMR, including stints running the airline's Pacific division and as senior vice president of customer-relationship marketing.

I could be wrong but the Eagle deal is only for any Eagle pilots who are currently on the Eagle list (i.e. anyone who is hired at Eagle in the future would not be part of it.)

The cut off date is 11 October 2011.

If the economy stays weak and fuel stays high or rises AMR will be a very good candidate for either bankruptcy or an out of court restructuring where their debt, leases and labor costs will all need to be changed to make the company viable. This is why DAL, NWA and UAL went through bankruptcy. AMR has a cost problem.

The numbers are what they are and unless the economy improves or fuel comes down AMR will only survive as long as it's creditors are willing to keep it afloat or allow some sort of restructuring.

I have a feeling they are looking down the road a few years when the retirements start up and suddenly AA goes from everybody at the top of the pay chart to everybody at the bottom of the pay chart. That is how CAL had massive growth a few years ago. Tons of guys on 1-4 year pay makes the airline cheap to operate.

Since supp CC only allows the former TWA pilots to fly certain airframes, it sounds like aa will suffer an unintended consequence of DH'ing TWA pilots all over the system so they can fly the 767.

Hell, they DH a metric ******************** load as it is now. However, I bet in their new contract that sup CC will be modified. I know AA wants to close STL so we will see how big the carrot is.

aa73,

to exercise their option to come over to AA and I believe the number was 155 + or - accepted. What happens to the other 95 or so. Where would they be put if as of 11 Oct the AE pilot's will have an opportunity to fly for AA.

I believe they will get another chance to go over, but AFTER the 824 guys.

AMR must be hiring to make this flow-thru relevant. When/If Eagle is sold or parted out, it might also become meaningless or renegotiated if the loss of Eagle pilots would decimate the operation.

AMR better not declare bankruptcy. This new flow-thru could quickly come to naught. It could be eliminated or basically rendered moot.

aa73,

215 out of 286 accepted. Those who didn't accept do not get to participate in the 824 (which come after the next 240 who have actual AA seniority numbers). The new settlement applies to every pilot on property by Oct. 11, including those who previously declined as a 286, 240, or 824.

Latest resources

Back