AMR JetBlue and ALK... Horton how?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mea25000

I hear Horton thinks He is going to be able to merge AMR Jetblu and ALK this fall
Synergies of 3.8 Billion and 1/3 the debt load of a LCC merger...

How? If this is possible this industry is even more screwed up then I thought!

Whoever you heard this from is smoking the good stuff. Not gonna happen.

Just read a blurb on the iPhone stock quotes saying that there has been no interest from Alaska or anybody else... Sorry guys looks like its gonna be UsAir...

The report I heard was Jet Blue, Alaska and NASA. AMR is gonna fragment NASA and dump the robotic stuff in favor of the manned missions portion. It seems Horton really wants Canaveral and Houston Mission Control to go up against United, SWA and Virgin Galactic.

I hear Horton thinks He is going to be able to merge AMR Jetblu and ALK this fall
Synergies of 3.8 Billion and 1/3 the debt load of a LCC merger...

How? If this is possible this industry is even more screwed up then I thought!

New name=americanBlue-Ala
It's not politically correct, so...... not gonna happen!

I wish we'd buy American instead of floating rumors of all these young airlines- AA retirements will be great - whoever they partner up with or not- a career there going forward won't be nearly as tough as the last 10 have been

Doesnt look like Alaska or Jetblue have shown any interest towards APA.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012...News&feedType=RSS&feedName=companyNews&rpc=43

MERGER PARTNERS

People familiar with AMR management's thinking have said that management wants to negotiate a merger on its own terms after emerging from bankruptcy, and could set its sights on different targets, ranging from JetBlue Airways Corp to Alaska Air Group Inc to US Airways.

But the president of the Allied Pilots Association, which represents AMR's pilots, told Reuters this week that US Airways is the only realistic and willing merger partner for AMR.

APA President David Bates said he had not seen interest from either JetBlue or Alaska Air on a potential merger, while a deal with bigger carriers United Continental Holdings Inc or Delta Air Lines Inc would not get regulatory approval.

US is putting the full court press on a merger. If that works then I doubt the combined carrier would be interested in AS or JB. If US doesnt work out then I could see AA merging with JB once they finish BK, but there is no way DAL would let AA take Alaska from them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back