AMR Corporation Reports Q4 2010 Net Loss of $97 Million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ding! Winner!

I wager AA becomes an airplaneless airline as soon as the priceline deals solidifies and shows just how much can be made by selling tickets, not selling flights.

This could be interesting...

Forgive an airline for actually trying to earn a living the hard way, without hitting the reset button (CH11) like the General's and other major airlines have in this last decade...

Oh Blue....

Ya still got that funnel for your Barger juice still stuck up your 6? What's the matter, still can't get those sweetheart no-interest, no down payment, no maintenance loans loans like VA is getting now....

I wouldn't worry about the major airlines with jets that cross oceans (By the way flying to SJU is not a crossing), I would worry about the competition coming from the left coast.....

But thats just me.....

. Jblu pilots crack me up with their version of utopia. Next thing you know, they'll take credit for inventing the jumpseat.

Best FI post of 2011 so far......:beer:

AA could find a way to lose 400 million after winning 300 million in a lottery.

"well, in anticipation of the winning, we decided to splurge a little"..

but what if you didnt win the lottery?.......

"we, always win the lottery" have you seen what our pilots make and how long we've delayed their conttract."

YOU THINK?????? I knew that. But open skies pacts like that open up all the time. I am comparing that to ANY route that AA might have exclusivity on, and then SWA or Spirit, or someone else starts it, does that mean AA will throw a one time charge complaining it hurts them? Come on, those one time charges are made to make the situation SEEM worse. Other airlines do that all the time when it is contract time. Thanks for the obvious clarification.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Many airlines use their route authorities as an asset. These assets are then used to acquire credit. DAL did this with the old NWA Transpac authorities. We too out a few billion in loans on them.

Having a (non cash)good will write off of the value for a given route, will only effect their ability to borrow against it. All companies will have non-cash good will writeoffs from time to time.

If one remembers DAL wrote off about 8 billion in good will prior to the NWA merger. Maybe AMR is cleaning up some items on their balance sheet prior to a acquisition or merger announcement to expedite the process once it is public.......

AA is a dump. I worked for TWA during the dark days of Icahn's reign and this place is worse in some respects.

At TWA during Icahn, I NEVER worried about the mechanical condition of the aircraft. Not so now.

If this management put half as much time into RUNNING the airline as they do trying NOT to run an airline, AA would be where it was in 1990.

I wouldn't take AA stock if you gave it to me.

TC

At TWA during Icahn, I NEVER worried about the mechanical condition of the aircraft. Not so now.

That's quite an indictment. Make sure you write up EVERYTHING. Thank you from all of us who ride AA airplanes.

Is it pretty safe to say that this is a pencil-whipped loss because so many labor groups are in negotiations right now?

Latest resources

Back