• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Corporation Reports Q4 2010 Net Loss of $97 Million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are some interesting things I see with the loss, and both are interesting. Here is the first "non cash" charge that is "interesting"----(from a Reuter's article)

The fourth-quarter 2010 results include the impact of a $28 million noncash charge related to the lower value of Colombian routes because of a new law that makes them more accessible to other airlines.

So, if SWA enters any more "exclusive" routes that AA flies within the US, can they also lower their values and then throw on some more noncash charges? Sure makes the overall picture look WORSE....?

And then there is this:

American Orders Two New Boeing 777-300ER Wide-Body Jets
In support of American's global network strategy and to capitalize on international opportunities, the Company announced today it has entered into an agreement with Boeing to acquire two Boeing 777-300ERs. The two aircraft are expected to be delivered in late 2012.

It just seems a bit weird, but it seems to me they don't want to really make a profit? ALL of their employee unions are up for new contracts, and they never got their costs down in a BK. HMMMM. Amazing.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
The fourth-quarter 2010 results include the impact of a $28 million noncash charge related to the lower value of Colombian routes because of a new law that makes them more accessible to other airlines.

So, if SWA enters any more "exclusive" routes that AA flies within the US, can they also lower their values and then throw on some more noncash charges? Sure makes the overall picture look WORSE....?

Thats Colombia, South America.... not Columbia, South Carolina.

US-Colombia agree to Open Skies Pact

Thats Colombia, South America.... not Columbia, South Carolina.

US-Colombia agree to Open Skies Pact

YOU THINK?????? I knew that. But open skies pacts like that open up all the time. I am comparing that to ANY route that AA might have exclusivity on, and then SWA or Spirit, or someone else starts it, does that mean AA will throw a one time charge complaining it hurts them? Come on, those one time charges are made to make the situation SEEM worse. Other airlines do that all the time when it is contract time. Thanks for the obvious clarification.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Forgive an airline for actually trying to earn a living the hard way, without hitting the reset button (CH11) like the General's and other major airlines have in this last decade...

Forgive an airline for actually trying to earn a living the hard way, without hitting the reset button (CH11) like the General's and other major airlines have in this last decade...

Yeah, forgive an airline which got a bunch of slots in the "unregulated" free market at JFK.

...and DCA, yadda, yadda, yadda. Level playing fields and all, right?

Next incoherent blather please. Jblu pilots crack me up with their version of utopia. Next thing you know, they'll take credit for inventing the jumpseat.

Last edited:

What was that EMB-190 rate when JB introduced them in 2005? Noted u base leading no fly hypocyrtic...

I don't care how you stack the cards - it's GOT to be hard to report a loss with record load factors!

Gup

Latest resources

Back