Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
Will be going to OJAM, Amman for a couple of days in July. Anyone have any experience with the handlers, customs, etc. Any problems with airspace usage? Will be at the Marriott and will be taking a day trip to Petra, but any restaurant recs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Will be going to OJAM, Amman for a couple of days in July. Anyone have any experience with the handlers, customs, etc. Any problems with airspace usage? Will be at the Marriott and will be taking a day trip to Petra, but any restaurant recs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have done Jordan a handful of times. Its very straightforward (airpspace, customs etc) We have had to repo to other parts of the airport for more than 1 night stay but it was during a event (maybe an economic forum?) and it was busy. I think Royal Wings was the handler and there was no customs requirements...right through VIP area and about 45min ride to hotels.

Have never usually stayed more than a night or two so always ate in the hotel. Usually stayed at the Four Seasons, as that where our security at the time suggested. I think most bigger hotels have stepped up security since the Grand Hyatt and SAS were blown up in 2005.

The suoq and spice markets are ok, there is also some ruins close by (Roman amphitheatre, Odean etc) but taking a say trip to Petra will be cool, Amman just wasnt too impressive IMO...

Have Fun!

We used it as a tech stop and I would give it a 10. Great service, no language barrier, great ATC. Very well set up for corporate traffic.
The only issue is they will not let you overfly Israel and will make you take a longer route to avoid the neighboring country.

Thanks for the info. We usually go into Kuwait City, but I wanted to try something new. No overflight of Israel, going east.

Latest resources

Back