Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PropsR4Boats

Ameriflight...

How many work days is the pay based on (SA227/BE1900)? Is it 4 or 5 nights, etc. Do you get paid more if you fly an extra day? Any other pay info will be great.

If I want an interview what should I do. Done the online app. Emailed a resume. Whats next? (I'd like a SA227/1900 PIC slot)

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey Hosehead!

Like, if you're flying Hoser Jets right now, why would you want to fly a trashy prop freighter, eh?

Pay is not based on how many days you fly. All runs, regardless of length, pay at a rate of 40 units per week. A unit is an hour of pay. Extra flying is usually paid at a rate of 1 x the duty time of the flight, or 1 1/2 x the block time of the flight. You choose by whichever is greater. That's not completely set in stone. You might be able to negotiate a little something different if base mgt. is willing. If you fly another day's run in addition to your own you will recieve and additional 8 units. Some pilots choose to do this, flying two runs, in order to shorten their work week. Travel pay is paid at a rate of 1 hour prior to a scheduled flight, .75 x the scheduled flight time, and 30 minutes after the end of the scheduled flight. Per diem is $35 per day, and in some cases reserves of the larger aircraft are paid a few units for handling the cargo. Lastly, a turbine retention bonus is paid out anually on your hire date and pro-rated to how much you flew whichever turbine aircraft. I think that about covers it.

If you've filled out your online app. then the best thing for you to do is call Jerry Clark in pilot recruiting and tell him how much you'd love to work here. 1-800-800-4538 is the number. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back