• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMFA/NWA Srike Over?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not in a union and never have been, but I would not try taking someone's job out from under them, when they are just trying to do the best they can. there are lots of open positions out there and my tool box has wheels.

Stal6

No a mechanic should make as much as or more then pilots.

I agree.

They have just as much responsibility as the pilots. And when was the last time you saw a mechanic sitting in a cushy chair with a head rest sucking down diet Pepsi's and peanuts watching a computerized wrench repairing the airplane?

We can talk about this in person, next time I need the bugs wiped off the windshield.

Well when we both lose our jobs and I have skill to get a job what will a atp get you oh yea a job a k-mart.

pw4000... you screw up, I die. I screw up - I die. Not quite the same, is it?

This is not to say you shouldn't get paid well for your services, but all things considered, you don't get paid per wrench hour. You get paid from the time you clock in to the time you clock out.

I wonder why there arent any posts from former NWA mechanics on here? Probably because they all had to sell their computers to feed their kids. Thanks alot Swissport scabs.

pw4000... you screw up, I die. I screw up - I die. Not quite the same, is it?

This is not to say you shouldn't get paid well for your services, but all things considered, you don't get paid per wrench hour. You get paid from the time you clock in to the time you clock out.

And mechs don't get paid to sit in a fluffy seat at three five oh reading the USA Today sipping a cola, wondering what their stocks are going to do either. Come up with something original.

Pay is not what you are worth, its what you negotiated.

Actually ERJ, as you know, pilots get paid every dime they're worth and then some when you screw up, or the machine simply has a fit, or mother nature gets pissed off... the list goes on.

Like I said, I want the guys wrenching on my airplane to be the best paid and the happiest bunch. Having said that... but I just don't see that pay being as much as pilots' wages.

Thats all well and good, but I don't know a work group that considers itself compendated to where it beleives that is should be. It doesn't matter what industry that is either. Whether you are a greeter at Wal*Mart or a line man at the airport.

The only time that a pilot is worth every penny that he's paid is when the stuff hits the fan. The other 99% of the time he might as well be a truck or bus driver. Industry is developing aircraft and technology that takes the humans out of the equation, ie, UAV's. But it still takes a human to maintain that UAV. The Russians use remote controlled spacecraft to supply the space station on a regular basis.

Since you've brought it up in every post in this thread, if you are afraid of your mortality, then perhaps being a pilot is not suited to you. Every time that you strap on an airplane, you are not taking your life in your hands. You, as the pilot, have control over every aspect of your flight, from the time that you accept the aircraft, until the chocks are set when you park the beast. The most dangerous part of your job is travelling from your home to the airport.

Latest resources

Back