Amf

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WD Squared

What's going on with AMF west Texas? I heard lots of rumors flying about changes with the AMA, LBB, and MAF bases. Does anyone have info?

AMF West Texas is such a tightly run ship there is no way UPS would even consider giving the contract to someone else.

Someone posted a message a little while back about flying a Shorts from LBB to DFW. Don't know the color of the boxes though but my guess is brown. Purple boxes go to Alliance.

My understanding of what is going on with AMF in Texas is that they are transitioning from Metro's to Brasilia's and the pilots are undergoing training as we speak or within the very near future!

The base I work out of is hard to get in to any turbine. The wait for a Beech 99 is a long time. We only have one 1900 and 1 metro I believe. I have heard that BIL and SLC are easy to get in to the turbines. Realistically, right now almost all new hires when they are doing hiring at best you'll be put in a Chieftain. Most movement in to turbines are coming from within the company. They almost will never hire into the Lear or EMB for FO's without first offering them to someone from within. I am fairly new to the company, but have learned as posted above, if you are willing to move around from base to base, you'll have a quicker route to the turbines.

CaptBuzzard,

Glad to hear you are flying again. Your assessment regarding upgrade times is pretty much correct. It would appear to me that you fly out of our PDX base which regretfully is probably one of the worst AMF bases for turbine upgrades.

The upper end of the seniority at PDX is of ex-Sportsair Travel pilots who were assimilated when bought out by AMF. These guys weren't going anywhere even when pilot movement was red hot a couple of years ago.

Your best option is indeed to be flexible and consider other bases for the most rapid turbine upgrade-best of luck hang in there.

As a general rule, companies don't hire while they are losing business.

Nice try on another cheap shot.

There is a very good chance that Ameriflight will be doing interviews for Phoenix sometime in the near future. Letters of rec. really seem to help get the interview.

Latest resources

Back