• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMF down in BIL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the family and friends of these two pilots, you have my deepest sympathies.

To all the freight dogs (and all pilots) out there, raise your glass for these two.

But most of all, be careful.

-JP

Condolences to all at Ameriflight.

<former California Air Charter (pre-AMF), here>

My deepest sympathies to both families and everyone at AMF.

To my friend, you'll be greatly missed.

Vaya con dios to you both.

SF

My thoughts are with the AMF family, the pilot's family, and especially the family of K. I was a new-hire with him, and this is hard because this is the first person I have known personally that has perished in pursuit of their dream.

D

PS there were a lot of us in the same new-hire class with K, I will pass this info out to those I know and see, if other in the same class who have moved on could do the same.

Hey D.... how ya been? I heard the news today and was shocked. My sympathy and prayers go out to the AMF Family and that of both pilots. K was a great guy and it really hurts to know that he is no longer with us. He will be missed. RIP K

Got word of it the night they went missing. My colleague's wife works in crew scheduling at HP in PHX with a girl who was either dating or married to one of the pilots. Very sad. Did the freight thing. The glass has been raised. Just be careful y'all.

Does anyone on the inside know (not just an educated guess) exactly what happened? I understand that the final word may take some time, but any reliable info?

this is complete speculation, but they may have been attempting a non precision approach with a course change at the navaid, and missed the turn.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back