Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SDCFI

Registered Offender
Anyone know where to find the 2 letter airline code for Amflight? I checked the IATA site, no luck there. Not sure where else to look. Gracias.

flyalot said:
If you are asking about the code you get at the airport, AMF. Used when you jumpseat?

Yeah, the two letter code you would use when jumpseating, specifically needed to access the CASS database. I'm flying the airlines tomorrow (personal travel) and was going to ask around at certain airlines if they could find us in CASS for possible jumpseat travel. I understand it helps a lot to have the airline two-letter IATA code to put in the computer.

code

AMER for horizon --cabin seating only
AMF for southwest -- cockpit approved.

The horizon ticket agent will look at you funny when you say it's four letters, their screen only gives the appearance of two spaces, but all four will fit.

Although Ameriflight only has a reciprocal agreement with Southwest, I have successfully jumpseat on the following airlines:

America West
American
ATA
Horizon
Mesa
SkyWest

I have been unsuccessful on the following airlines:

Delta
United
Hawaiian

All three said that Ameriflight is not on their list of approved airlines. Sometimes it helps to call reservations and list before arriving at the gate.

This is the best web site to check flight schedules:
http://www.quicktrip.com/FlightBase/Schedules/HTML_Schedules.asp?cust=INNOVATA00933391

Good luck!

L.A.pilot said:
Although Ameriflight only has a reciprocal agreement with Southwest, I have successfully jumpseat on the following airlines:

America West
American
ATA
Horizon
Mesa
SkyWest

I have been unsuccessful on the following airlines:

Delta
United
Hawaiian

All three said that Ameriflight is not on their list of approved airlines. Sometimes it helps to call reservations and list before arriving at the gate.

This is the best web site to check flight schedules:
http://www.quicktrip.com/FlightBase/Schedules/HTML_Schedules.asp?cust=INNOVATA00933391

Good luck!

Good info, thanks. Anyone ever tried Comair or ASA? Seems the regionals are more willing to take us than the majors. I'm surprised AA took you. Did being in CASS help or did you just get a cool Captain? I'm trying Southwest this weekend, they've always been really cool.

Latest resources

Back