Ameristar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

leartwenty4

I have read the Ameristar posts, just looking for a little more info.

Is there a pay raise for time in service? Either base bay or per mile.
Does the number of miles you need before you break guarantee chage?
How much is per deim?
What is the schedule? Is it followed (do you get the days off you are supposed to?)
How much are you flying. Capt and F/O if there is a difference
Do you typically get back to your base for overnights during your rotation?

I kow that is a lot just looking for a more complete picture. Thanks Batfish

I don't think many of the Ameristar dudes like to chat on here due to the constant watchful eye of their management. PM T-REX I think he is one of their Chief Pilots, and could break it down for you. Hey T-REX whats up with ya'lls pax operation and are you dudes gonna be hiring this spring?

Last edited:
Sorry, been out watching football and nope not a CP.

leartwenty4 said:
I have read the Ameristar posts, just looking for a little more info.

Is there a pay raise for time in service? Either base bay or per mile. Nope...I don't think????
Does the number of miles you need before you break guarantee chage? Nope 7,500 captain, 10,500 for f.o.
How much is per deim? 1.50 hr
What is the schedule? Is it followed (do you get the days off you are supposed to?) Sorta 10 on then alternating 5 or 4 off. Paid extra or given floater day off for days off worked
How much are you flying. Capt and F/O if there is a difference Been busy, 70ish a month has been the norm lately. Tops was 120 hours.
Do you typically get back to your base for overnights during your rotation?
Sometimes but plan on being out for the full ten days.
I kow that is a lot just looking for a more complete picture. Thanks Batfish
No prob. Their currently filling a class that should be starting in the next few weeks. Mins 1500/500 and seems like their looking for higher qualified people who can upgrade quickly. Take care.

Mucho Gracias!

Thanks T-rex that is great info. I just have 2 more questions. After the 18mo contract on signing up is there another for upgrade? And what is the pay per mile? I heard .04 for f/o, havn't heard for capt. Thanks again, and I like you tag line. Batfish

jumpseat

can Ameristar guys jumpseat regardless of which side of the company 121 or 135 side you are on??

thanks

T-REX said:
No prob. Their currently filling a class that should be starting in the next few weeks. Mins 1500/500 and seems like their looking for higher qualified people who can upgrade quickly. Take care.

Do they ever hire people as captains off the street? If so, what kind of jet time do they look for?

can Ameristar guys jumpseat regardless of which side of the company 121 or 135 side you are on??
135 have jumpseat with AirTran, Spirit, ATA???? Im not completely sure I live in base.
Do they ever hire people as captains off the street? If so, what kind of jet time do they look for?
They have hired one direct-hire captain in the past that I know of. Some other high-time guys have made captain very fast ~6-8 months. Normal upgrade time has been 12-18 months and based on experience/performance.

Thanks T-rex that is great info. I just have 2 more questions. After the 18mo contract on signing up is there another for upgrade? And what is the pay per mile? I heard .04 for f/o, havn't heard for capt. Thanks again, and I like you tag line. Batfish
Yes, additional contract on upgrade. Sorry, probably shouldn't discuss pay specifics on here. But the figures stated in previous threads seem accurate.:)

Fly safe.

No training contract at USA Jet

Latest resources

Back